Parent & Child parking spaces

He's saying that it's a lifestyle choice that people make and they shouldn't be 'rewarded' for it with special parking spaces.

Unlike the disabled, who don't make a choice and where special parking being provided is appropriate.

No Cyclone! He comparing pregnancy with a car parking space....

How can you say that being pregnant isn't an illness and then say these parking spaces shouldn't exist...

They're not designed for pregnant woman!!! jesus

They're designed for PARENT (mum or dad) and child..

No Cyclone! He comparing pregnancy with a car parking space....

No... That's definitely not what he's doing.

How can you say that being pregnant isn't an illness and then say these parking spaces shouldn't exist...

Because unlike people who can't walk because they are ill, people who are pregnant have (generally) made a choice to be so.

They're not designed for pregnant woman!!! jesus

They're designed for PARENT (mum or dad) and child..

This is true. But you can't reach the parent stage without going through the pregnancy stage. And to be fair, someone who is pregnant does have a baby with them...

I'm 100% confident that it was about the fact that having children is a lifestyle choice though.

No... That's definitely not what he's doing.

Because unlike people who can't walk because they are ill, people who are pregnant have (generally) made a choice to be so.

This is true. But you can't reach the parent stage without going through the pregnancy stage. And to be fair, someone who is pregnant does have a baby with them...

I'm 100% confident that it was about the fact that having children is a lifestyle choice though.

Maybe I am missing the point but I don't know what 'Pregnancy isn't an illness, it's a lifestyle choice' has to do with a parking space...

Maybe it's just me..

Cyclone is spot on here.

If you chose to have kids. Then you chose all the assorted baggage. It's your choice though. Why expect others to bend over backwards to help. You can park anywhere. In fact most other places are safer than the closest to the store.

There is often acres of empty car park 50 yards away. All the open door/pushchair. Space you could ever need.

That is untrue for disabled spots.

I would paint over all the parent kids spots and repaint as disabled spots.

Parents and kids can walk as well as I can

I'm sure many parents with young children will be happy to have parking spaces further away from the store as long as they have ample room to get the child and buggy out of the car, it's not necessarily about being closer to the store but about the ease of getting in and out of the vehicle,...

What I am struggling to link to this issue though, is why you saying 'pregnancy isn't an illness' and what is has to do with a parking space....

Cyclone is spot on here.

If you chose to have kids. Then you chose all the assorted baggage. It's your choice though. Why expect others to bend over backwards to help. You can park anywhere. In fact most other places are safer than the closest to the store.

There is often acres of empty car park 50 yards away. All the open door/pushchair. Space you could ever need.

That is untrue for disabled spots.

I would paint over all the parent kids spots and repaint as disabled spots.

Parents and kids can walk as well as I can

Further evidence of your own self righteous indignation caused by the fact you appear to have never benefited from such as space and so no one else should receive this benefit, in your view.

It is difficult to get a small child in and out of a car. This is due to the size of the spaces having been reduced over the years. It is easy to damage both your own or a car parked to the side of your own. These spaces help prevent such damage to all parties. Then you have the equipment that needs to be lugged about when you have a small child. Extra space means a lone parent does not have to fight with the door, while trying to balance a child and everything else all at once.

Your example about spaces falls apart with one example. Meadowhall. The carparks are regularly full while the disabled bays are never more than 50% occupied. I agree the parent and child spaces do not need to be right by the door, but they are not at Meadowhall. They are just a row like all others.

Now get off your high horse and have some empathy for your fellow man/woman.

why there should be parent and child spaces is beyond me???? if you want more room to get the little darlings out park, at the other side of the carpark where there is plenty of room, it will do the little mites some good to walk? if you have a pram you are less likely to scratch another car also the further away you are? entilement culture again:roll:

Further evidence of your own self righteous indignation caused by the fact you appear to have never benefited from such as space and so no one else should receive this benefit, in your view.

It is difficult to get a small child in and out of a car. This is due to the size of the spaces having been reduced over the years. It is easy to damage both your own or a car parked to the side of your own. These spaces help prevent such damage to all parties. Then you have the equipment that needs to be lugged about when you have a small child. Extra space means a lone parent does not have to fight with the door, while trying to balance a child and everything else all at once.

Your example about spaces falls apart with one example. Meadowhall. The carparks are regularly full while the disabled bays are never more than 50% occupied. I agree the parent and child spaces do not need to be right by the door, but they are not at Meadowhall. They are just a row like all others.

Now get off your high horse and have some empathy for your fellow man/woman.

Good post.

These spaces make peoples lives easier at a hard time, as well as reducing any problems with car doors banging etc, whats the problem?

Edited by the fonz

why there should be parent and child spaces is beyond me???? if you want more room to get the little darlings out park, at the other side of the carpark where there is plenty of room, it will do the little mites some good to walk? if you have a pram you are less likely to scratch another car also the further away you are? entilement culture again:roll:

The distance isn't the issue....