Mother jailed for taking toddler to Syria. POLL

Did the judge hand out the appropriate sentence?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Did the judge hand out the appropriate sentence?

• 6 years is too lenient.
    • 6 years is too harsh
    • 6 years is just right

Far too lenient. 6 years out in three sends a very dangerous message to jihadis that we are not taking this seriously.
But most of the returned so called jihadis that have returned haven't even been in court, have they? Just given a serious talking to and let out to disappear into the crowd.

And shall we stop using these 'glamorous' and 'daring' sounding foreign names for things connected to IS and Islam, when we have perfectly good English words for them already?

Let's get rid of the mystique and call a spade a spade. Why not?

When she has finished her very soft sentence , first plane, send her on a one way ticket to join the rest of the beardy Islamic terrorists in Syria and take her passport off her.

What happens if unsurprisingly Syria doesn't want her? Or, how would you feel if we sent her over there and she went on a killing spree?

She is our problem we should deal with her. We shouldn't be forcing our lowlifes onto other countries, especially countries that are failing to offer their own citizens security.

Edited by JFKvsNixon

What happens if unsurprisingly Syria doesn't want her? Or, how would you fell if we sent her over there and she went on a killing spree?

She is our problem we should deal with her. We shouldn't be forcing our lowlifes onto other countries, especially countries that are failing to offer their own citizens security.

Spot on. It's rather mad that we send the crabs to try to kill them when they get over there but can't bring ourselves to do the decent thing and kill them here. If I were syrian or iraqi i'd be screaming blue murder about this ridiculous double standard.

How have you assessed her ability to comprehend?

Did she express remorse in court? Did she plead guilty/not guilty?

I assume you've got all the facts handy.

Read a fair bit about the case. Saw footage of her police interviews. Saw quite a lot of her social media content.

IMO she's only sorry she got caught.

I'm quite left wing and liberal in many ways and certainly don't believe in excessively harsh prison terms but in this case I think the judge got it wrong. I think the woman is potentially very dangerous.

Read a fair bit about the case. Saw footage of her police interviews. Saw quite a lot of her social media content.

IMO she's only sorry she got caught.

I'm quite left wing and liberal in many ways and certainly don't believe in excessively harsh prison terms but in this case I think the judge got it wrong. I think the woman is potentially very dangerous.

As others have pointed out she'll be dangerous in jail - she has quite literally a captive audience.