Which was the first pub you ever got served in!!

Can't remember the pub name, but it was in Skegness. My Dad took me in and bought me a beer. I was 16. 

I managed to drink it but I thought it was horrible, and can remember thinking that if this is what beer tastes like I shan't be drinking it again.

Things turned out differently of course.

29 minutes ago, retep said:

There were two other pubs that seemed to have been pushed out along with a barrel of Wards.

The Cuckoo was Tetley beer , Proper  name The Prospect I Think .

When I first went in I was sixteen on my way home from work and decided to risk it .

I walked into the right hand side tap room ,it was deserted no sound , , there was a bell on the bar and a sign ring for service , I did ,I waited rang again and waited , then from behind a curtain that hung over a door to the rear a old woman appeared . "yes" she said , I gulped out in mi best grown up voice " A pint of beer please "  She looked at me for what seemed hours then disappeared back behind the curtain , 

After a few minutes she reappeared hold a stone jug , plonked a pint pot on the bar and filled it from the jug . She then charged me a shilling and just disappeared behind the curtain again . 

I had a few sups , and shot out of the door , A first pint that I will never forget that was . It was 1959 , Gleadless Valley was being built , I was loosing my childhood play area . miles and miles of woodland , A quarry, fields and memories .

Not long after my self and Slinny ( also a poster one here ) got arrested for drinking under age in The Noahs Ark at Intake . found ten shillings and made. the front page of the Star .

My wages were around two pounds a week . so a shilling for a pint and and a ten bob fine was a big deal ,especially as my mam only gave me spending money of around fifteen bob a week .

Edited by cuttsie

20 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

The Cuckoo was Tetley beer , Proper  name The Prospect I Think .

When I first went in I was sixteen on my way home from work and decided to risk it .

I walked into the right hand side tap room ,it was deserted no sound , , there was a bell on the bar and a sign ring for service , I did ,I waited rang again and waited , then from behind a curtain that hung over a door to the rear a old woman appeared . "yes" she said , I gulped out in mi best grown up voice " A pint of beer please "  She looked at me for what seemed hours then disappeared back behind the curtain , 

After a few minutes she reappeared hold a stone jug , plonked a pint pot on the bar and filled it from the jug . She then just disappeared behind the curtain again . 

I had a few sups , and shot out of the door , A first pint that I will never forget that was . It was 1959 , Gleadless Valley was being built , I was loosing my childhood play area . miles and miles of woodland , A quarry, fields and memories .

Not long after my self and Slinny ( also a poster one here ) got arrested for drinking under age in The Noahs Ark at Intake . found ten shillings and made. the front page of the Star .

It hadn't changed much as I seem to remember, as I was telling our lass about a curtain over a door and an old woman running it when we went for a pint just before it closed, weird pub, we flattened most of the area Tillotson, Anns Road and surrounding.

Edited by retep