Which was the first pub you ever got served in!!

Berlins. I was 15 at the time. It felt great!!

Me too :) what a dive though!!

---------- Post added 02-02-2016 at 12:37 ----------

For me it would have been the Lord Nelson in Dinnington, probably at about 15.

Looks like it's gone now, replaced by flats sometime around 2008.

http://www.worksopguardian.co.uk/news/local/dinnington-eyesore-to-be-replaced-by-flats-1-597600

They also had a stripper in once, when I was about 16, cost 50p to get in.

To get into what?!!!!! :o

Your 18th birthday?
Yes. :)...
Are you sure you didn't drink in a pub before you were 18, Hillsbro? Be honest! ;)
Well, I might have had the occasional "swift half" in a pub before I was 18 but only when my older brother Roy had got it from the bar. But here’s a true story from 1967. One summer evening I walked from Dykes Hall Road on to the Mason’s Arms on Langsett Road, carrying a quart bottle to be filled with two pints of bitter (remember the old days! :)) The arrangement was that my dad would then pick me up on his motorbike and we'd come home. As I came out of the pub and crossed the road, two policemen were walking towards me across the grass where the old houses had been demolished. The conversation went like this:.

PC Plod: "What have you got in that bottle?"

Me: ... . "Beer"

PC Plod: "How old are you?"

Me: ... . "Nineteen"

PC Plod: "What’s your date of birth"?

Me: ... . "6th of April 1948". And after a bit more dialogue "My dad will be here soon"..

At that point, along came dad, right on cue. He immediately sized up the situation..

PC Plod: "Is this your son?"

Dad: . ..."Yes"

PC Plod: "What’s his date of birth?"

Dad: (with his usual air of smug satisfaction): "6th of April 1948"..

PC Plod and his pal turned on their heels and left, perhaps thinking "You can't win 'em all". :|

Well, I might have had the occasional "swift half" in a pub before I was 18 but only when my older brother Roy had got it from the bar. But here’s a true story from 1967. One summer evening I walked from Dykes Hall Road on to the Mason’s Arms on Langsett Road, carrying a quart bottle to be filled with two pints of bitter (remember the old days! :)) The arrangement was that my dad would then pick me up on his motorbike and we'd come home. As I came out of the pub and crossed the road, two policemen were walking towards me across the grass where the old houses had been demolished. The conversation went like this:.

PC Plod: "What have you got in that bottle?"

Me: ... . "Beer"

PC Plod: "How old are you?"

Me: ... . "Nineteen"

PC Plod: "What’s your date of birth"?

Me: ... . "6th of April 1948". And after a bit more dialogue "My dad will be here soon"..

At that point, along came dad, right on cue. He immediately sized up the situation..

PC Plod: "Is this your son?"

Dad: . ..."Yes"

PC Plod: "What’s his date of birth?"

Dad: (with his usual air of smug satisfaction): "6th of April 1948"..

PC Plod and his pal turned on their heels and left, perhaps thinking "You can't win 'em all". :|

Perhaps you were a little too near Hammerton Road ?

Age 16 along with 3 mates all about the same age. In the Blue Boar

on West Bar. There was a Trad Jazz Band on.It was like another world to us.

Looking back it was a dump, but we were not put off by that, and returned quite often when the band was on.

Biggest problem was deciding who looked the oldest, with the best chance to go to the bar and get served

Edited by bazjea

Bagshawe Arms, stood outside having half when i got a tap on the shoulder , who should it be bur plain clothes plod. Went to Juvenile court and got fine £2, they said i could pay it over six weeks at 3s 4d a week , i said no i,ll pay it all as i.d saved up a fiver so i,d got £3 to spend. Could,nt believe it went in Truro that night and got caught again. Cost me £4 that time and a real B.....king of the magistrate , and still remember her name to this day Irene Boynton, but it still didn,t stop me and i got to eighteen without another pull.