Taxi driver with engine on outside my house!

I'd say that at 2 in the morning it would be freezing so he's hardly going to turn off his engine and his heat, just put your head under the pillow, keep nice and warm and be grateful that you're not out working at that time and on the minimum wage!

Oh and I live on a busy main road so if you could avoid not driving past my house between the hours of 9pm and 8am so as not to disturb my sleep then that would be great, cheers. :hihi:

I'd say that at 2 in the morning it would be freezing so he's hardly going to turn off his engine and his heat, just put your head under the pillow, keep nice and warm and be grateful that you're not out working at that time and on the minimum wage!

Oh and I live on a busy main road so if you could avoid not driving past my house between the hours of 9pm and 8am so as not to disturb my sleep then that would be great, cheers. :hihi:

thats different. making as much noise as possible is disrespecting the neighbours.

If it happens again im coming out with both barrels! lol

So the moral of the story is that your behaviour can be as bad as you like if your job is crappier than the guy you're offending.

Marvellous!

---------- Post added 03-02-2016 at 15:25 ----------

On a more serious note, why would you end up in a fight? Just politely tell him to move on because he is disturbing your sleep. No need to do anything else, if you are polite enough I am sure he will move.

Niavity at its best. Someone who is as inconsiderate as this is unlikely to change their behaviour. Probably just tell you to do one.

"Please Mr Drug Dealer do you mind telling those visitors of yours not to call at unsociable hours"

"oh ok kindly neighbour, I'll do as you ask, after all, your wellbeing is important"

Seems to me people have become afraid of approaching each other...
your right ... I wouldn't approach someone like this either ... unless as the Op says, youre wanting a fight in your dressing gown. Selfishness coupled with aggressiveness is now the norm in some places, so with the passage of time people have become afraid of approaching each other Edited by hyper

What gets me is that the bone idle so and so's, and it has to be said, not just taxi drivers, pull up and blow the horn because they can't be bothered to get out and knock on a door.

It's the same when asking directions. I have always found it far less stressful when asking directions, to park safely off the road and approach people in a proper manner instead off just pulling up, winding the window down and shouting at someone, but some people seem glued to their seats. Just to say I would also not be inclined, as hyper said to go out and risk a showdown.

Edited by spilldig

What gets me is that the bone idle so and so's, and it has to be said, not just taxi drivers, pull up and blow the horn because they can't be bothered to get out and knock on a door.

I think they're just being practical so they're not set up to be mugged.

Pipping of horns should be consigned to history now thanks to call or textback giving you details of your taxi's arrival, the car make, reg and colour and the driver's name. Or do they not have that in Sheffield?

When it gets out of hand your neighbours will have an excuse to ring the police, and they will have to respond. Sounds like a plan! :)

On a more serious note, why would you end up in a fight? Just politely tell him to move on because he is disturbing your sleep. No need to do anything else, if you are polite enough I am sure he will move.

Seems to me people have become afraid of approaching each other...

You hear about a lot of street confrontations ending in violence. I think it was a taxi driver, but it was dark...there seemed to be two of them but i could only see one.

it was kind of intimidating, two fellas, shouting, arguing, revving the engine in the dark and cold. I was just hoping that any minute it would stop!

But, yes I think if it wasn't cold, I wasnt stark bollock naked and it wasnt dark and intimidating, I would have gone outside! :hihi:

Niavity at its best. Someone who is as inconsiderate as this is unlikely to change their behaviour. Probably just tell you to do one.

"Please Mr Drug Dealer do you mind telling those visitors of yours not to call at unsociable hours"

"oh ok kindly neighbour, I'll do as you ask, after all, your wellbeing is important"

your right ... I wouldn't approach someone like this either ... unless as the Op says, youre wanting a fight in your dressing gown. Selfishness coupled with aggressiveness is now the norm in some places, so with the passage of time people have become afraid of approaching each other

Sorry to also be naive, but bold, drug dealer? :huh: