Taxi driver with engine on outside my house!

ask them if they would like a bacon sandwich as you are having one.

Would you offer this? If so, what road do you live on? :D

If you're willing to hand out bacon sarnies at 2am, then I'm prepared to park outside your house AND stay warm with my engine heater on, in between jobs :D

(I tend to get a bit peckish at around midnight, so by 2, I'll be ready for a large sandwich :) )

If you're willing to hand out bacon sarnies at 2am, then I'm prepared to park outside your house AND stay warm with my engine heater on, in between jobs :D

(I tend to get a bit peckish at around midnight, so by 2, I'll be ready for a large sandwich :) )

They were speaking in Urdu. I would have offer a full English breakfast with black pudding

But he wasn't doing. He was in bed, trying to sleep.

Do keep up.

Bacon sandwich...speaking urdu..? Lol

---------- Post added 04-02-2016 at 10:00 ----------

Tell you what id be all over a bacon sarnie at 2am in the morn...

I think they're just being practical so they're not set up to be mugged.

Pipping of horns should be consigned to history now thanks to call or textback giving you details of your taxi's arrival, the car make, reg and colour and the driver's name. Or do they not have that in Sheffield?

I don't know, but they still do it, and also, I don't know about anyone else, but if I leave my car at all, even filling up at a garage I lock the doors.

They were speaking in Urdu. I would have offer a full English breakfast with black pudding

I am genuinely impressed that you know Urdu! I'd have had to say they were speaking something foreign...No way I can tell the difference between Urdu, Hindi, Tamil, Punjabi etc. Fair play to you.

One of our neighbours regularly used the local taxi service, the taxi would arrive and the driver would sound his horn to let the customer know that he'd arrived.

I asked him to please knock on the door in future to which he stuck up two fingers and then told me it wasn't illegal to sound you horn before 2300.

I took his plate number and rang the licensing office the next day.

The taxis don't sound their horn when they arrive now, they get out and knock.

Tell you what id be all over a bacon sarnie at 2am in the morn...

Me too, I'd say there was a business idea in the air here, but most bro's don't dig on swine (to quote film)

A few eggs should do the trick

to throw at the cabs? :mad: or for the sandwich? :love:

One of our neighbours regularly used the local taxi service, the taxi would arrive and the driver would sound his horn to let the customer know that he'd arrived.

I asked him to please knock on the door in future to which he stuck up two fingers and then told me it wasn't illegal to sound you horn before 2300.

I took his plate number and rang the licensing office the next day.

The taxis don't sound their horn when they arrive now, they get out and knock.

It's unlikely that the council had something to do with that.

On my job notes sometimes it says 'please assist'/ 'on crutches so please wait' or words that effect, so I do. It's most likely that the company has attached this info to your phone number so it shows on every drivers screen, without you asking the telephonist.