Another Wireless Programme. The Romanians.

Just to add fuel to the migrant problem that we are in at the moment.

Listening the other day to the wireless (radio to you youngsters) a section was on about migrants, their spokesperson saying none come for the benefits, but they come to find work.

Then last evening another programme homed in on our friends the Romanians. Seems their yearly wage is just north of £2000 per annum back home. Our minimum wage pays just north of £14000.

No wonder then that thousands are coming here, our streets are paved with gold, well to them they are. (can't blame them for coming).

But I imagine, as I have no idea, our benefits will pay them more for not working here than they can earn at home for working. It's a no brainer, no wonder they are coming over here in their thousands they would be insane not to.

To be fair to the Romanians I would think the above applies to other foreigners as well, not surprising then that many migrants see the UK as a large udder they can all suck on.

Angel1.

• 5 months later...

Odd statement. Romania has an upper-middle income economy - significantly lower compared to the UK, but much higher compared to most of its neighbouring countries. At the moment, annual income is:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_countries_by_average_wage

Roughly 4647.48 GBP - still low, but double than what you state.

Expenses are also significantly lower than in the UK, which balances things out.

An interesting thing is that income in Romania is 10 times that of india:

business-standard.com/article/economy-policy/india-s-median-per-capita-income-lowest-among-brics-gallup-113121600968_1.html

If you are worried about Europeans coming here to work - don't worry. Once they discover the level of Sheffield they run back screaming.

What percentage of the Rumanian population have 'tidal waved' over since 2014,like the right fearmongered would do?

looking at page hall it seems hundreds take all the towns and cities in the uk will probably be thousands :hihi: all a drain on our welfare/nhs/education system dont ya think :roll:

looking at page hall it seems hundreds take all the towns and cities in the uk will probably be thousands :hihi: all a drain on our welfare/nhs/education system dont ya think :roll:

How many? I was looking for the actual figure that has arrived,compared to that what was fearmongered,'probably' and 'seems' are the actual fearmongering being repeated again

How many? I was looking for the actual figure that has arrived,compared to that what was fearmongered,'probably' and 'seems' are the actual fearmongering being repeated again

just had a quick google and it seems that as of 2014 (ons figures) it seems there is 170 thousand in the uk :suspect:

just had a quick google and it seems that as of 2014 (ons figures) it seems there is 170 thousand in the uk :suspect:

So,seeing as 22Million were fearmongered,we can see that it is nowhere near.

---------- Post added 17-07-2016 at 09:10 ----------

Listening the other day to the wireless (radio to you youngsters) a section was on about migrants, their spokesperson saying none come for the benefits, but they come to find work.

Then last evening another programme homed in on our friends the Romanians. Seems their yearly wage is just north of £2000 per annum back home. Our minimum wage pays just north of £14000.

No wonder then that thousands are coming here, our streets are paved with gold, well to them they are. (can't blame them for coming).

But I imagine, as I have no idea, our benefits will pay them more for not working here than they can earn at home for working. It's a no brainer, no wonder they are coming over here in their thousands they would be insane not to.

To be fair to the Romanians I would think the above applies to other foreigners as well, not surprising then that many migrants see the UK as a large udder they can all suck on.

Angel1.

When are the English going to get into their fields and pick their own fruit and veg,and get into their chicken processing factories and prepare their own food,instead of slinking in the shadows,picking up their benefits,draining the economy and stigmatising and demonising migrants who come and do their work for them?

So,seeing as 22Million were fearmongered,we can see that it is nowhere near.

---------- Post added 17-07-2016 at 09:10 ----------

When are the English going to get into their fields and pick their own fruit and veg,and get into their chicken processing factories and prepare their own food,instead of slinking in the shadows,picking up their benefits,draining the economy and stigmatising and demonising migrants who come and do their work for them?

i thought thats what the conservatives are trying to do with our unemployed about getting them back into work :suspect: 170 thousand and you dont think its a drain on our resources:loopy: i bet you try and get away with paying as little as tax as possible too :hihi:

i thought thats what the conservatives are trying to do with our unemployed about getting them back into work :suspect: 170 thousand and you dont think its a drain on our resources:loopy: i bet you try and get away with paying as little as tax as possible too :hihi:

The question was,what part of the 22Million fearmongered had actually come,I never said a word about 'draining resources',you said that,so i've no idea why you are saying 'you don't think ' something when i've not said anything about it.:loopy:

Angel1.

Until you come up with some stats then we will have to assume that this is indeed in your imagination.

Did you have a vivid imagination as a youngster? It seems you haven't lost it.

FWIW I work with a couple of young Romanians. Solid grafters. All their mates here are working.

---------- Post added 17-07-2016 at 10:57 ----------

Pointed this out on here yesterday. The Roma in Page Hall are Slovakians.

Roma does not automatically equal Romainian

geddit?

Edited by I1L2T3