Sofa from scs falling to pieces

I bought a sofa and 2 chairs from SCS just over 2 years ago and already it is falling to pieces. I also took out a certificate of insurance but when I tried to put in a claim I was told it was due to wear and tear. Living on my own I was amazed when they said the insurance does not cover my claim.

The man who was sent to look at my furniture was definitely on the side of the insurance company.

The extended warranty is worth nothing, when I purchased my furniture from SCS at Gateshead Metro Centre the sales man said it covers everything. Your do not get to see the small writing on your certificate until your furniture is delivered. I will put this down to a costly experience.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post certain information public, so I've pm'd you with what could be some useful information as regards in getting you're issue resolved.

The 3 seater setee that we bought from SCS can be dangerous if yo drop down on it as it came in 3 sections, there are metal frames running front to rear where each section is joined, unless you drop down onto the setee perfectly un the centre of a section you really do jar yourself on the frames.

When I say drop down I mean as most people do when sitting down on an easy chair or setee.

Contact Trading Standards. Have you still got the receipt ?[/QUO

pattricia, I have had a word with trading standards and they advised me to contact The Furniture Ombudsman, I did not know such a thing existed. It seems there is an Ombudsman for everything. SCS are not a member of the Furniture Ombudsman Organisation, not sure if that is the correct term, so I would have to pay The Furniture Ombudsman £125 to do a report on my furniture, but the onus would still be on me to take the report to SCS if it was in my favour. So I am not going to bother with that.

The onus is on you anyway after the first 6 months of purchase. You could get a report from a furniture repairer but they are likely to also charge. However if the report is in your favour then you can claim back the cost of the report from SCS.