Real Apprenticeships?

I know I didn't get £190 as an apprentice 20 odd years ago I got about £37 on a YT.

Luxury :hihi: When I started it was £5 10s and 6 pence and the apprenticeship was for 4 years, indentured and had to be signed by my father as I was only just turned 15.

Luxury :hihi: When I started it was £5 10s and 6 pence and the apprenticeship was for 4 years, indentured and had to be signed by my father as I was only just turned 15.

And I expect you got a thorough training in a particular skill and a good job afterwards, which paid well. In other words a proper apprenticeship deal.

Anything else is just plain dishonest.

And I expect you got a thorough training in a particular skill and a good job afterwards, which paid well. In other words a proper apprenticeship deal.

Anything else is just plain dishonest.

And then, and this bit is important, STAYED ON AFTERWARDS.

Playing devils advocate is it worth investing years in time and money to someone who is likely to move on afterwards (which according to this article sort of hints at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35460401).

£220 a week is about 11.5k a year.

10,600 of that will be tax free and everything else 20% tax plus around £10 - £12 national insurance.

£190 ish net pay sounds about right.

Sorry it's £170

So it's £40 stoppages for tax and the rest national insurance

Is that what your saying.

Thank you x

---------- Post added 05-02-2016 at 22:19 ----------

He should be bringing home more like £209.. he should be paying about a tenner in tax and NI on £220..assuming he has the box standard tax code..work it out on here..

http://www.thesalarycalculator.co.uk/salary.php

Sorry I got this wrong his wages he said was £220 per week however he brings home £170

I thought it was 20% for tax meaning less £40

Rest national insurance,

I'm very confused X

---------- Post added 05-02-2016 at 22:22 ----------

Hi trueman how do I use that link you have posted

I don't quite understand it.

Thanks for your help.