Your memoires of the Elm Tree pub and Arbrouthorne Hotel

I'm guessing that the Elm Tree was built in the 1930s both were very similar in design. On EBay the old freestanding sign for the Elm Tree is up for auction two bids so far .

---------- Post added 23-02-2016 at 15:23 ----------

Sorry to bump thread, As the Arbourthone pub been flattened yet or anyone know when its coming down ?

---------- Post added 23-02-2016 at 15:25 ----------

Ha ha we got you sussed in any case you went to the Cannon for that service.

---------------

Hi Crookedspire, I see you knew of the Elm Tree manor top, sadly

to say it was knocked down last week it will be Morrisons petrol

station at some point later, dont forget to top up. :hihi::hihi:

---------------

Hi Crookedspire, I see you knew of the Elm Tree manor top, sadly

to say it was knocked down last week it will be Morrisons petrol

station at some point later, dont forget to top up. :hihi::hihi:

Something to looked forward another petrol station no doubt the same boring design seen elsewhere. Unlike the familiar Elm Tree façade.

Where was the Roundhouse and were the Irish lads in there the same ones who dished out the physical from the Arbourthorne.

The name Collins springs to mind !!

The Roundhouse was, I think, a nickname, for a pub in Heeley that in the 70's was a place you could get personal damage arranged, for the right price, with no questions asked. Never went in the place myself, but heard lots of stories from friends who were regulars there.

• 1 year later...

used to go in both of them in the 70s when i first went in the arbourthorne in 1971 the d.j was ray stewart before he went on the radio and the elmtree was run run by gladis ? a very strict scottish woman . you was thrown out for just looking at her. she stood for no nonesense

---------- Post added 29-01-2018 at 20:18 ----------

used to go in both of them in the 70s when i first went in the arbourthorne in 1971 the d.j was ray stewart before he went on the radio and the elmtree was run run by gwen a very strict scottish woman . you was thrown out for just looking at her. she stood for no nonesense