The Owls Win and the Blades..errmmm

Vaati

Uniteds product is poor at present, reflected in a very poor home record, yet the supporters keep turning out, so if the product poor what keeping us there?? blind loyalty or the match experience, decent facilities and a reasonable price structure?

Bare with me a few momments , the price structure at both clubs is clear to see, but i wish to give another example in the difference in service.

This week i visited a cafe in Skegness, the Owner is an Owl, being self employed he finds it difficult to get to matches..so after the usual steel city banter ,which started with him making a be line for our table and insisting we took his wi-fi code ..OWL123 !!.

He confessed he had only been to one game this season !! and that was a Sheffield United match (Bury), as his lads team had won the local under 15 league he wrote to several clubs asking for tickets , explaining the teams success etc.

Wednesday did not reply(same as others) the one that did ?? Yes United sending 22 tickets for the whole squad to attend.

Its the second case this week, i was in the Red Lion in Skegness and a guy spoting my sweatshirt, announced he had won a competition and a match experience at the Lane,(Oldham cup) he had no need to lie, but commented what a class act the club were, as far as i know he has no loyalty to Sheffield at all.

I have a pal in Sheffield, a high profiled businessman, a loyal Owl ex season ticket holder and box holder, the Owls have priced themselves out of his business..he still goes, to several home and away Owl games, but now/has entertained at the Lane for a far better value for money experience, i can give several examples simular to his, Owls with boxes at the lane !!!!

Its madness, and the same could happen at the lane or any other club, a oversea takeover and boom !! we even have Liverpool fans kicking off at value for money...

The games gone mad....the regular fan/supporter is being taken for a ride, The Owls more than most.

Edited by POUNDSWORTH

Yes I would say, sadly DC has priced a lot out of the market, but look at the averages, Wednesday are only 300 down on last season (admittedly the football is better) Now compare that with United, crowds are up but football is worse,so, is it the football that's getting Unitedites through the gate or the prices?

Same prices as last year at the lane and i would say less offers.

Obviously less part timers at S2:)

OUCH !! :)

Many Owls kept away early in the season, boycotting or protesting to the prices and early season form..

Its easy to get out of the Saturday match routine, more so when you find better uses of the £50-£60 spent on home games.

Getting those fans back is a hard job, they have found new hobbies, found out a Saturday in the pub is far more pleasure than 90 mins of over priced pain too :0....

atticus are you trying to start a forum riot haha

think its a credit to unitedites they pull 19 - 20,000 every other week in a tin pot league regardless of what price it is.

I have said that CD made a big mistake rasing ticket prices like that an its shown in the drop from last year

OUCH !! :)

Many Owls kept away early in the season, boycotting or protesting to the prices and early season form..

Its easy to get out of the Saturday match routine, more so when you find better uses of the £50-£60 spent on home games.

Getting those fans back is a hard job, they have found new hobbies, found out a Saturday in the pub is far more pleasure than 90 mins of over priced pain too :0....

I dont blame 'em mate.

There is momentum building by football fans to keep ticket prices reasonable , with mounting pressure being put on clubs; especially in the prem. There was even a question put to David Cameron today in PMQT.

I think something needs to be done about the prices along with the constant changing of the fixture list by the TV companies.

---------- Post added 10-02-2016 at 18:33 ----------

atticus are you trying to start a forum riot haha

think its a credit to unitedites they pull 19 - 20,000 every other week in a tin pot league regardless of what price it is.

I have said that CD made a big mistake rasing ticket prices like that an its shown in the drop from last year

Light hearted banter Bobbo:)

They don't deserve anything like the crowds they have been getting

If nothing changes they could drop next season.

Nice to hear from you PW, how are you pal?

As for the prices mate I've said before, with the shift patterns I work I can't justify a ST, and like you said, I can find better uses for the £60+ it would cost me to go, more so if the missus and the little un wanted to go, then it'd be pushing a ton, for 90 minutes!

I'd rather go bowling, swimming then the cinema and a trip to mcds for tea, full day plus the kids are knackered and go to sleep easy!

Light hearted banter Bobbo:)

They don't deserve anything like the crowds they have been getting

If nothing changes they could drop next season.

I dunno atticus you have a very strong fan base and no matter how bad things get and you get mugged off you still seem to go home and away every week.

if adkins is allowed to stay and get rid of the 30 odd excess players and starts fresh and you get off to a cracking start next season then it will be around 22k.

I keep hearing the football is bad though whereas at hlllborough its good for a change

Nice to hear from you PW, how are you pal?

As for the prices mate I've said before, with the shift patterns I work I can't justify a ST, and like you said, I can find better uses for the £60+ it would cost me to go, more so if the missus and the little un wanted to go, then it'd be pushing a ton, for 90 minutes!

I'd rather go bowling, swimming then the cinema and a trip to mcds for tea, full day plus the kids are knackered and go to sleep easy!

Am fine thanks, trust you are too. I too am now a part timer, i work most weekends,and saving for a wedding at the Lane in June.

My match day expence forgetting work..would be £100 a game give or take, plus at least 4 hours of travel .

I GET A WEB FEED commentry of all matches, so dont miss out too much, i will be over next for the Burton match on the 1st March .

The reason i dont feature much on here is ,i am no longer the die hard match supporter ,i once was.

But saying that , i dont seem to be missing much :) and hope to see more games next season.

I dont blame 'em mate.

There is momentum building by football fans to keep ticket prices reasonable , with mounting pressure being put on clubs; especially in the prem. There was even a question put to David Cameron today in PMQT.

I think something needs to be done about the prices along with the constant changing of the fixture list by the TV companies.

looks like theres just been a slight bit of a victory

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35546090