Black Swan landlord in the '60s?

Correct, just googled it and I remember those double doors and stairs very well, I used to have a flutter from time to time in there.;)

Thank you Mr.T. but how does one 'Google' 'Thorpes', and 'Black Swan?? As I'm not all that smart at that sort of thing. I just used my Sheffield memory.

Thank you Mr.T. but how does one 'Google' 'Thorpes', and 'Black Swan?? As I'm not all that smart at that sort of thing. I just used my Sheffield memory.

I just punched in Bank st, Sheffield on google and then went from map to street view. I only moved my cursor to the right slightly and there were the doors painted red, with one open, showing the stairs. I usually do my stuff from memory, but I really wanted to see this time, and got the perfect memory jog.

Some brilliant person has just posted this link on a different thread, about half way through is a little cameo of the Swan complete with dancer. You can almost taste the famous beer and smell the fags - the nostalgia is killing me !! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3AhiyrXi8A&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Elmambo
wrong link

It's working I've just checked it. Fascinating bit of film, the Swan is at 19.30. Pictures of the "Hole in the Road" and bustling town centre full of people and big buildings with chimney's - think they were called factories, where people worked and made things. You may weep when you see this.