Anti-vaccine attitudes based on that false claim still exist

The thing that surprised me reading that, was that, in Australia, they gave the flu vaccine to under-5s!

No wonder there's so much suspicion of vaccines in general now.

Are we heading towards a time when under 5s must receive the flu vaccine by law. A time when any child not vaccinated for flu won't be allowed into school?

Flu vaccine for under 5's- crazy :loopy:

It is normal to give babies older than two years old the flu vaccine and pregnant women the flu vaccine to protect the baby. Welcome to the 21st century.

The thing that surprised me reading that, was that, in Australia, they gave the flu vaccine to under-5s!

No wonder there's so much suspicion of vaccines in general now.

Are we heading towards a time when under 5s must receive the flu vaccine by law. A time when any child not vaccinated for flu won't be allowed into school?

Flu vaccine for under 5's- crazy :loopy:

Do you have any idea what % react badly to the vaccine, compared to the % that would die from influenza?

Do you have any idea what % react badly to the vaccine, compared to the % that would die from influenza?

None. Nor do I trust the sources of such data, as I believe it likely to be compromised by the corrupting influence of pharmaceutical companies.

I most certainly oppose the making of flu vaccine compulsory for under 5's, whether that compulsion is legal, or, via un-vaccinated children being excluded from schools.

I'm appalled to have found out, via this thread, that American children are typically having up to 49 vaccinations before their 6th birthday.

None. Nor do I trust the sources of such data, as I believe it likely to be compromised by the corrupting influence of pharmaceutical companies.
You are misguided. The one thing that I have learned about scientists is that they are a gobby lot and you couldn't keep them quiet if you wanted to. See Andrew Wakefield's fall from grace for details.

I most certainly oppose the making of flu vaccine compulsory for under 5's, whether that compulsion is legal, or, via un-vaccinated children being excluded from schools.

You are just another baby killer.

I'm appalled to have found out, via this thread, that American children are typically having up to 49 vaccinations before their 6th birthday.

You are confused. You couldn't name these 49 separate vaccinations because they don't have 49 vaccinations before their 6th birthday. What you might have seen is a treatment schedule with triple vaccines, boosters, etc but you can't add up the individual contents of each administered injection, syrup or sugar lump and call them a separate vaccination.

Which vaccinations would you leave out?

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/downloads/parent-ver-sch-0-6yrs.pdf

So you've no basis to come to any conclusion about whether the vaccine should be given, and you're refusing to accept any evidence that would allow you to reach a conclusion.

Basically you argue from a position of ignorance and refuse to accept any evidence beyond that.

You are just another baby killer.

That's usefull. Sadly, this pretty much sums up the sceptic movement. If the public don't agree with their 'reason', then roll out the propaganda, sensationalist statements and, ultimately, laws to force compliance.

---------- Post added 01-03-2016 at 13:21 ----------

You are confused. You couldn't name these 49 separate vaccinations because they don't have 49 vaccinations before their 6th birthday. What you might have seen is a treatment schedule with triple vaccines, boosters, etc but you can't add up the individual contents of each administered injection, syrup or sugar lump and call them a separate vaccination.

Read my quote- I said "American children are typically having up to 49 vaccinations before their 6th birthday"- didn't say "49 separate vaccinations ", cos I wasn't under the impression they were separate.

I'm appalled to find out that American children are typically having up to 49 vaccinations before their 6th birthday- separate or otherwise.

It's not propaganda, vaccination only works if the majority of the potential host population are vaccinated.

There are always some who can't be for medical reasons, perhaps immunodeficient for example.

And allowing idiot parents to opt out for their own children due to a lack of understanding and the FUD people like you are spreading puts these few children who CAN'T be immunised at severe risk.

Edited by Cyclone

You are misguided. The one thing that I have learned about scientists is that they are a gobby lot and you couldn't keep them quiet if you wanted to.

That's anecdotal. In the absence of a study demonstrating that "scientists.......are a gobby lot and you couldn't keep them quiet if you wanted to" then you've not a shred of evidence (by your standards) for your assertion.

That's usefull. Sadly, this pretty much sums up the sceptic movement. If the public don't agree with their 'reason', then roll out the propaganda, sensationalist statements and, ultimately, laws to force compliance.

You kill babies if you take away vaccination or isolation from others. Not liking it doesn't make it less true. People who prevent normal vaccination are baby killers. It's your choice to be in the baby killer group or not.

Read my quote- I said "American children are typically having up to 49 vaccinations before their 6th birthday"- didn't say "49 separate vaccinations ", cos I wasn't under the impression they were separate.

I'm appalled to find out that American children are typically having up to 49 vaccinations before their 6th birthday- separate or otherwise.

They aren't having up to 49 vaccinations before age 6. It isn't true. It is a lie. Even a casual glance at Wikipedia should have stopped you making this elementary mistake.

A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular disease.
It will hopefully prevent you from repeating the same mistake again.