Anti-vaccine attitudes based on that false claim still exist

Looking at the wiki page for the 'National Vaccine Information Center" a US charity anti-vaccination advocacy group

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Vaccine_Information_Center

that a big criticism by pro-vaccine groups, is that-

"... an organization that, based on its name, certainly sounds like a federal agency. Actually, it's just the opposite: the NVIC is the most powerful anti-vaccine organization in America, and its relationship with the U.S. government consists almost entirely of opposing federal efforts aimed at vaccinating children."

The NVIC ad is, as one commentator aptly observed, a Trojan Horse. Delta passengers in November are being directed to the website of a prominent anti-vaccination organization, one that has tried to thwart national vaccine campaigns for three decades. Moreover, NVIC has the sort of name that sounds like a federal agency, one that passengers might mistake as a source of reliable information.

i.e. that it 'sounds like' an official, and, therefore trustworthy (!?!) organisation.

No concerns whatsoever about the wisdom of a culture that 'judges' an organisation to be giving out sound information, on the basis of it's name sounding 'federal/official'.

---------- Post added 01-03-2016 at 20:35 ----------

Two things. You need to look up scepticism in the dictionary, and I'm very happy to call out idiocy. :)

You're also happy to use Ad Hominem attacks :)

You're also happy to use Ad Hominem attacks :)

I think that you're generally a really nice chap so I'm attacking your idiotic ideas, not you. Just change your ideas for ones which aren't demonstrably idiotic and it stops, It isn't ad hominem, it's just your call about how your ideas are treated.

I think that you're generally a really nice chap so I'm attacking your idiotic ideas, not you. Just change your ideas for ones which aren't demonstrably idiotic and it stops, It isn't ad hominem, it's just your call about how your ideas are treated.

My ideas are born from facts, experience and logic. They'll change according to future facts and experience (+ logic). Other human beings attacking them will not affect them.

Always open to decent arguments and reasons from others, but, no- attacks and accusations of idiocy, do not have a chance of affecting my beliefs, and that is the way it should be.

The way you phrase it-

Just change your ideas for ones which aren't demonstrably idiotic and it stops....

sounds as if you're under the impression that I care about my ideas being attacked, and that combining that with an offer that 'it can stop', is a valid form of debate?

I don't, and, it's not. Debating vaccinations is about coming to the truth, those on your side seem more focused on building the numbers of pro-vaccinationers, by, whatever means necessary?

Though I guess that, as you all genuinely believe that vaccines are good for health, and, that vaccinations need majority compliance to actually work, then, based on those beliefs, it's easy to see why you're pro-disingenious (but effective) debating techniques, and, why many of you are in favour of legal enforcement/compulsory vaccination.

I know about 15 people who have suffered initial adverse reactions from vaccines - I do not know 1.5 million people.

Your figures are unadulterated BS.

All the older people I know who've had the flu vaccine have either been 'a bit' ill almost straight after or had problems with the arm the injection went into.

Don't know anyone else who's had proper flu for years. Although a friend of a friend who nearly died from swine flu a couple of years ago, when it was going round.

I'd rather rely on herbal immune system boosters like echinacea than have the flu jab, thanks.

From the CDC website.....MMR vaccine.

Real healthy stuff....

Medium 199 (vitamins, amino acids, fetal bovine serum, sucrose, glutamate) , Minimum Essential Medium, phosphate, recombinant human albumin, neomycin, sorbitol, hydrolyzed gelatin, chick embryo cell culture, WI-38 human diploid lung fibroblasts

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-2.pdf

From the CDC website.....MMR vaccine.

Real healthy stuff....

Medium 199 (vitamins, amino acids, fetal bovine serum, sucrose, glutamate) , Minimum Essential Medium, phosphate, recombinant human albumin, neomycin, sorbitol, hydrolyzed gelatin, chick embryo cell culture, WI-38 human diploid lung fibroblasts

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-2.pdf

Yes, very healthy and since just about all of them occur naturally in the body you can now narrow it down to the ones you have issues with.

Recombinant DNA (rDNA) molecules are DNA molecules formed by laboratory methods of genetic recombination, such as molecular cloning, in order to bring together genetic material from multiple sources, thus creating sequences that would NOT otherwise be found in biological organisms.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/049144_MMR_vaccine_recombinant_human_albumin_mad_cow.html#ixzz41j5DB0c6

Fetal bovine serum - human baby blood

Chick embryo cell culture - wtf!

Recombinant human albumin - more human blood

Cannibalism - will let the individual decide.

Edited by MAC33