Anti-vaccine attitudes based on that false claim still exist

Could one of the other pro-vaxxers here explain to your seemingly Intellectualy impaired associate, that the Cochrane /foundation and Dr Peter Gotzsche are not identical please?

Strawman. Stop delaying. Could you answer the question?

Why do you think that you can not be interested in the Cochrane Foundation, yet want the rest of us to consider it to be a worthy authority on this subject?

Strawman. Stop delaying. Could you answer the question?

Why do you think that you can not be interested in the Cochrane Foundation, yet want the rest of us to consider it to be a worthy authority on this subject?

Allow me to rephrase your quote so it bears some reality to.... erm... reality

Why do you think that you can not be interested in the Cochrane Foundation, yet want the rest of us to consider Peter Gotzshe to be a worthy authority on this subject?

See? Contradiction gone, as long as you realise that (like I said not too long ago)-

....the Cochrane foundation and Dr Peter Gotzsche are not identical
Edited by onewheeldave

Allow me to rephrase your quote so it bears some reality to.... erm... reality

See? Contradiction gone, as long as you realise that (like I said not too long ago)-

I strongly recommend you do not edit any of my quotes to ascribe some other meaning to what I said. It is directly against forum rules and I will expect you to amend it immediately.

What is the 'revolution'. We're the most technologically advanced civilisation ever, and obesity, diabetes, CHD and cancer are at epidemic levels.

Third world peasants, if they're not starving, or oppressed, and, have got access to clean water, have way better health, live longer active lives, and are not subject to epidemic levels of obesity, diabetes, CHD and cancer.

Struggling to see how on earth you can blame the pharma industry for people eating too much and doing too little exercise?

Struggling to see how on earth you can blame the pharma industry for people eating too much and doing too little exercise?

I don't. If you go back and look at the context of the quote that should be become clear. It was in response to the claim that our modern medical system is a 'revolution'.

I blame the pharma industry for the corruption they cause to our medical data.

I don't. If you go back and look at the context of the quote that should be become clear. It was in response to the claim that our modern medical system is a 'revolution'.

I blame the pharma industry for the corruption they cause to our medical data.

Struggling to see how on earth you can blame the medical industry for people eating too much and doing too little exercise?

Struggling to see how on earth you can blame the medical industry for people eating too much and doing too little exercise?

I'm not.

The issue with the medical industry is that it passes on the corrupted data from the pharma industry and it ends up as the official guidance passed on from the healthcare system to the public.

While I wouldn't say I 'blamed' the medical industry for that (it's just doing it's job, as with any data processing system, the old saying "garbage in, garbage out" holds) I do think it would be a really good idea, if the corruption issues with the pharmas was sorted out- cut the problem off at the root, as it where.

Then the medical industry and healthcare system could be passing on advice based on reliable data.

That way, people like me, and probably many of the anti-vaxxers, would trust the healthcare system.

I'm not.

The issue with the medical industry is that it passes on the corrupted data from the pharma industry and it ends up as the official guidance passed on from the healthcare system to the public.

While I wouldn't say I 'blamed' the medical industry for that (it's just doing it's job, as with any data processing system, the old saying "garbage in, garbage out" holds) I do think it would be a really good idea, if the corruption issues with the pharmas was sorted out- cut the problem off at the root, as it where.

Then the medical industry and healthcare system could be passing on advice based on reliable data.

That way, people like me, and probably many of the anti-vaxxers, would trust the healthcare system.

Plenty of advice about the West's unhealthy lifestyle has been passed on, but ignored. What more can healthcare do? If you want to blame someone for allowing the lifestyle to continue you need to blame the politicians, because they're the ones with the power to make the decisions.