Anti-vaccine attitudes based on that false claim still exist

I'm with him on SSRIs. But that's a problem with doctor training not "big pharma".

The reason the training of doctors is incorrect is, as Dr Gotzsche mentions in his video, that pharmas are 'involved' in the design/implementation of it.

Or, in his own words "“Much of what the drug industry does fulfills the criteria for organized crime in US law......And they behave in many ways like the mafia does, they corrupt everyone they can corrupt, they have bought every type of person, even including ministers of health in some countries…The drug industry buys the professors first, then chiefs of departments, then other chief physicians and so on, they don’t buy junior doctors."

"Dr Peter Gøtzsche exposes big pharma as organized crime"

(1:10 onwards)

The reason the training of doctors is incorrect is, as Dr Gotzsche mentions in his video, that pharmas are 'involved' in the design/implementation of it.

Or, in his own words "“Much of what the drug industry does fulfills the criteria for organized crime in US law......And they behave in many ways like the mafia does, they corrupt everyone they can corrupt, they have bought every type of person, even including ministers of health in some countries…The drug industry buys the professors first, then chiefs of departments, then other chief physicians and so on, they don’t buy junior doctors."

"Dr Peter Gøtzsche exposes big pharma as organized crime"

(1:10 onwards)

You believe the pharma has "bought" the University of Sheffield's Medical School syllabus? You also believe that pharma has bought every consultant working at Sheffield hospitals?

It certainly sounds like that you're still shouting as load as possible that the moon is made of cheese, to drown out any evidence that points out the contrary.

Edited by JFKvsNixon

That's as bad as saying that because garages fit performance tyres to cars they are guilty of speeding when the boy racer is driving.

---------- Post added 04-04-2016 at 16:02 ----------

You believe the pharma has "bought" the University of Sheffield's Medical School syllabus? You also believe that pharma has bought every consultant working at Sheffield hospitals?

I genuinely think the does believe that which is why there is no way I'm letting him near my former research group.

No. It was Peter Gotzsche who mentioned pharma buying professors and consultants- he didn't claim it was every consultant, and, didn't specifically mention Sheffield at all.

Look, I know you've got a bit of a bone in your teeth at the moment trying to 'win' the argument, but, does it not bother you that the head of the Danish Cochrane foundation, who knows more about the medical research industry than you ever will, is saying, quite bluntly, that the pharmas are buying professors and causing thousands of unecessary deaths?

That's as bad as saying that because garages fit performance tyres to cars they are guilty of speeding when the boy racer is driving.

I'd say, if you're going to want a car-based analogy, that it's more akin to a garage supplying red diesel to a driver- then, of course, the garage would be guilty of supplying red diesel.

No. It was Peter Gotzsche who mentioned pharma buying professors and consultants- he didn't claim it was every consultant, and, didn't specifically mention Sheffield at all.

Look, I know you've got a bit of a bone in your teeth at the moment trying to 'win' the argument, but, does it not bother you that the head of the Danish Cochrane foundation, who knows more about the medical research industry than you ever will, is saying, quite bluntly, that the pharmas are buying professors and causing thousands of unecessary deaths?

I asked you if you believed the claims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!