Anti-vaccine attitudes based on that false claim still exist

You know- if you didn't push it, the problem wouldn't exist.

Sufficient of the population are pro-vaccine enough that enough of them would go for it. (After all, the sceptics are quoting past successes with vaccinated populations, so enough clearly have done in the past).

But no- that's not enough, they have to go on to-

1. more, more, more vaccinations- against any concievable infection- to the extent that under 5's are getting flu jabd!!!

You realise that influenza kills mainly the old and the young?

You seem to think that this is somehow a step too far, to vaccinate against the mere flu... Perhaps (once again) you should do some research and find out what % of under fives it kills... You know, argue from a position of knowledge.

2. compliance- legislate! Force parents to allow their child to be injected with vaccines, that, at least occasionally, will cripple

But more often will save the life of.

3. FUD & guilt- get the propaganda out that anyone not vaccinating is letting society down and personally responsible for others getting ill, and even 'baby killing'

Because they are.

4. Suppress- allow no discussion over pharmaceutical financial interests in pushing ever increasing vaccine (and general drug use) onto the population. Go no further than admitting the pharmas are 'flawed' (implying far less than 'outright criminal corruption')

Do you think it's big pharma that somehow convinces the NHS to give out flu jabs? Seriously?

Not disputing your point, but, that still amounts to children not being allowed into school, and, is therefore enforced vaccination, which you say you are against.

No, it's a consequences of their choice. It's not being enforced.

You probably argue that stopping benefits to those who refuse to work is "forcing" people to work or some such nonsense.

Choices have consequences.

---------- Post added 01-03-2016 at 15:03 ----------

No, I'm very much pro-choice.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. So I'll support parents who don't want to make the choice to get their children vaccinated, but I'll also support parents who want to send their children to a school where the parents have made the decision to have their children vaccinated.

I'd agree with that.

I'd still think those parents were stupid, but so long as they only risk their own childrens lives I guess that's fair enough. (Unless you want to call it child endangerment and prosecute them when their child dies).

---------- Post added 01-03-2016 at 15:03 ----------

No, but children who's parents have decided not to get their children immunised can put at risk the children who cannot be immunised for medical reasons.

And children too young to have yet had the vaccination.

Just wanted to say that my unborn baby seems pretty cool with the whooping cough vaccine I had the other day given the kicking going on. That's about as good evidence as any anti-vaxers have provided.

Before this thread I thought making unit compulsory to vaccine children before they could use local schools was draconian and ridiculous. Thanks to the incredible lack of logic shown in this thread by some I'm now convinced it's needed! It can be like darwinism, children of parents who don't want to vaccine don't get to go to mainstream school. They can go to specific schools for dangerous people who can kill others with just a cough and then they can be further brainwashed into believing all medicines are evil and then those kids will dieof perfectly treatable diseases before they can have other kids, thereby completing darwinism perfectly.

Just wanted to say that my unborn baby seems pretty cool with the whooping cough vaccine I had the other day given the kicking going on. That's about as good evidence as any anti-vaxers have provided.

Before this thread I thought making unit compulsory to vaccine children before they could use local schools was draconian and ridiculous. Thanks to the incredible lack of logic shown in this thread by some I'm now convinced it's needed! It can be like darwinism, children of parents who don't want to vaccine don't get to go to mainstream school. They can go to specific schools for dangerous people who can kill others with just a cough and then they can be further brainwashed into believing all medicines are evil and then those kids will dieof perfectly treatable diseases before they can have other kids, thereby completing darwinism perfectly.

A visit from social services is probably called for.

Not vaccinating kids because of some rubbish you read on the internet. It's like an episode of the Simpsons or something.

When I was growing up around 40 years ago in Scotland I never heard of a flu vaccine.

Don't recall anyone dropping dead at my school from the flu.

Or coming down with bad flu symptoms.

If vaccines worked as claimed - today's kids should be much healthier but the opposite appears to be true.

So why the need to get all these kids vaccinated?

Medical procedures do after all carry risks.

The scarring on your skin after receiving a vaccination is a sure sign of harm.

Never mind the risk of infection or the poisoning of our body from all those toxic ingredients that are clearly in these shots.

The inference is if you take a vaccine for the flu - you will be protected from developing flu symptoms.

Nothing could be further from the truth. The same can be said of all the other vaccines.

There is absolutely no correlation between taking a flu vaccine or any other vaccine for that matter and protection from that disease.

This fact is unfortunately too hard for most to swallow - hence people paying money to have these unnecessary medical procedures that clearly from the masses of evidence do great harm to the body.

When I was growing up around 40 years ago in Scotland I never heard of a flu vaccine.

Don't recall anyone dropping dead at my school from the flu.

Or coming down with bad flu symptoms.

If vaccines worked as claimed - today's kids should be much healthier but the opposite appears to be true.

So why the need to get all these kids vaccinated?

Medical procedures do after all carry risks.

The scarring on your skin after receiving a vaccination is a sure sign of harm.

Never mind the risk of infection or the poisoning of our body from all those toxic ingredients that are clearly in these shots.

The inference is if you take a vaccine for the flu - you will be protected from developing flu symptoms.

Nothing could be further from the truth. The same can be said of all the other vaccines.

There is absolutely no correlation between taking a flu vaccine or any other vaccine for that matter and protection from that disease.

This fact is unfortunately too hard for most to swallow - hence people paying money to have these unnecessary medical procedures that clearly from the masses of evidence do great harm to the body.

I doth my cap to you, you sir are a comedy genius. :hihi:

I've looked up some figures and in the UK (so presumably with hospitalisation and treatment) the fatality rate for children who catch flu is;

<1 year - 30 in 100,000

1 - 4 years 27 in 100,000

5 - 11 years 11 in 100,000

Which is about 0.03% of children under 4 who catch it die from it.

So in a class of 30 children, if they all caught it, you'd be unlucky if someone died. But across an entire country, you're going to see quite a few deaths.

Serious reaction to vaccine (all ages) <1 in 100,000

So considering the hardier 5 - 11 year olds, they're 10 times more likely to die from catching the flu, than from having the flu jab... I'd take the jab on those odds.