Anti-vaccine attitudes based on that false claim still exist

Revisit Bad Science Cyclone. I'm not especially worried in overall terms but there is apparently certainly research that isn't favourable which is, shall we say, given a low profile. There's a whole other discussion about why and what it really means though. I don't think that there is an entire scientific community knowingly suppressing swathes of science results that is killing or harming people.

Haven't finished it yet, it's bathroom reading.

Absolutely agreed with that. If you commission a study then you stand by the results. All medical studies and trials must be independently verified and logged somewhere where any member of the public can download the full unedited results.

I don't actually blame the pharmaceuticals, I expect them to act like all the other private businesses. Their responsibility is towards their shareholders, so it's natural that they could act in a manner to protect what could be upto billions of pounds of investments.

It's the government's job to regulate the industry effectively.

I don't actually blame the pharmaceuticals, I expect them to act like all the other private businesses. Their responsibility is towards their shareholders, so it's natural that they could act in a manner to protect what could be upto billions of pounds of investments.

It's the government's job to regulate the industry effectively.

A companies sole job is to make money. It is totally up to the relevant governments to allow them to make money in an ethical manner. The problems can come with multinationalism around how do we enforce an American company to release all testing data? We might not even know the testing took place...

A companies sole job is to make money. It is totally up to the relevant governments to allow them to make money in an ethical manner. The problems can come with multinationalism around how do we enforce an American company to release all testing data? We might not even know the testing took place...

No testing under UK regulations, no sale in the UK. Simples.

The UK licences what drugs can and can't get used here. So it's within our power, add that to the almost unique buying power of the NHS, then it's achievable if the will existed.

No testing under UK regulations, no sale in the UK. Simples.

Yeah, I suppose it is when you put it like that! We have British Standards that must be met for some products and if they don't they can't legally be sold here, so medicines should be no different.

• 3 weeks later...

Italy has just just made a court judgement against vaccines saying it causes autism. It is now LEGALLY OFFICIAL and the US media is blocking it from being heard!! (No surprise @ all)

http://healthimpactnews.com/2015/u-s-media-blackout-italian-courts-rule-vaccines-cause-autism

You can search for it other places also!! (Besides the link above)

A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!

So it's a conspiracy theorists website reporting second stuff from a crackpots newspaper.

It's a bit light on detail. But then that's normal because if you looked at the detail you'd understand what was going on.

Anything else? Or going back to plan how to make bebies die by persuading parents not to vaccinate?