Anti-vaccine attitudes based on that false claim still exist

What about all the benefits that it has given to people over the years?

What about them? Do they justify the level of corruption and misery they have, are are, perpetuating?

Hitler did a great job with a ruined economy prior to the war- are we OK with Nazism cos it did some good?

The mafia have traditionally been well respected by the poor communities in which they operate, cos, like all good gangs, they realise the importance of (appearing) to be beneficial and generous to people who may otherwise be more inclined to inform- are we OK with the mafia cos it did some good?

---------- Post added 02-04-2016 at 18:09 ----------

I've worked with some of the most prominent members of the Life Sciences community in the country, men and women from places like AZ and Covance; I can assure you they don't stand in their white coats going 'MUHAHAHA AREN'T WE EVIL'.

You've never been in a lab. You are doing a total disservice to the hard working people up and down the country who have devoted their lives to science, by listening to crack pot theories and professional wasters like those who protest outside HLS when the weather is nice and the cameras are out.

I've not actually commented on the workers in the labs, nor will I, as they're not at all relevant to, and, certainly not responsible for the endemic corruption in the pharma industry.

What about them? Do they justify the level of corruption and misery they have, are are, perpetuating?

Hitler did a great job with a ruined economy prior to the war- are we OK with Nazism cos it did some good?

The mafia have traditionally been well respected by the poor communities in which they operate, cos, like all good gangs, they realise the importance of (appearing) to be beneficial and generous to people who may otherwise be more inclined to inform- are we OK with the mafia cos it did some good?

Comparing the pharmaceuticals to the Nazis is a really illogical argument, and I think that the fact that you're more than happy to do so illustrates how closed your mind is on this subject.

...by listening to crack pot theories and professional wasters like those who protest outside HLS when the weather is nice and the cameras are out.

Is Dr Peter Gøtzsche, director of the Nordic Cochrane Institute, a "professional waster" in your eyes?

---------- Post added 02-04-2016 at 18:16 ----------

Comparing the pharmaceuticals to the Nazis is a really illogical argument, and I think that the fact that you're more than happy to do so illustrates how closed your mind is on this subject.

I didn't compare "the pharmaceuticals to the Nazis". I derailed your attempt to distract attention away from the increasingly obvious levels of pharma corruption-

What about all the benefits that it has given to people over the years?

By pointing out a couple of other organisations that 'did some good' (i.e. the Nazis and the mafia) where people do not attempt to distract from the holocaust and gang killings, by reminding us that both organisations 'did some good'.

I've not actually commented on the workers in the labs, nor will I, as they're not at all relevant to, and, certainly not responsible for the endemic corruption in the pharma industry.

You've just stated the entire industry is corrupt to the core.

I didn't compare "the pharmaceuticals to the Nazis". I derailed your attempt to distract attention away from the increasingly obvious levels of pharma corruption-

I think that we are using different languages, because you certainly did try to compare them with the Nazis. Weasel as much as you like, but it's there in black and white for all to see.

By pointing out a couple of other organisations that 'did some good' (i.e. the Nazis and the mafia) where people do not attempt to distract from the holocaust and gang killings, by reminding us that both organisations 'did some good'.

I would suggest the benefits brought to society by the revolution in healthcare in the last 100 years is far greater than "some good", but there you are. Your mind is obviously too closed to be see beyond "black and white".

There does seem to be a black and white theme to your posts.

Is Dr Peter Gøtzsche, director of the Nordic Cochrane Institute, a "professional waster" in your eyes?

No, he's a professional author, which has managed to cause controversy by trying to prove that mammograms don't detect cancer. He's also failed to prove in any way at all, that the tri-vaccine causes autism.

---------- Post added 02-04-2016 at 18:24 ----------

Yes. I'm talking about the industry, not the workers.

Banks are also corrupt- bank checkout staff are generally not the source of it :)

So.. the workers aren't the industry now? At what level do individuals become 'industry'? Bunkum.

Yes. I'm talking about the industry, not the workers.

Banks are also corrupt- bank checkout staff are generally not the source of it :)

Again I believe that this may be a case of you using a different language to the rest of us, because you was talking about the core of the industry, and I'd suggest the workers are pretty close to the core.

Clearly Dr Peter Gøtzsche is here saying that the pharmaceutical industry is corrupt, to the point that he believes they "fulfill(s) the criteria for organised crime in US law".

Given you've "watched the video", how are you interpreting 1:07-1:27 as him saying otherwise?!

But he never says that. Have you watched the video?

I think that we are using different languages, because you certainly did try to compare them with the Nazis. Weasel as much as you like, but it's there in black and white for all to see.

Yes, it is, and, I'm happy that if anyone whose brain is functioning reads it, they'll see what it is actually doing :)

I would suggest the benefits brought to society by the revolution in healthcare in the last 100 years is far greater than "some good", but there you are. Your mind is obviously too closed to be see beyond "black and white".

So you've switched from the pharmaceutical industry to "the revolution in healthcare"? Not that I rate modern healthcare that much higher, given that it's hobbled by the pharmaceuticals corruption.

---------- Post added 02-04-2016 at 18:32 ----------

No, he's a professional author, which has managed to cause controversy by trying to prove that mammograms don't detect cancer.

Rubbish. He simply pointed out that there was no evidence for mammograms that justified the levels of their use.

http://community-archive.cochrane.org/news/blog/mammography-screening-ten-years-reflections-decade-2001-review