Holiday Dilemma

Do I take the holiday  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do I take the holiday

• Yes, its not fair for our son to miss out
    • No, my partner is correct

No thankfully.

:hihi:

So, you're happy to ask for advice from unqualified strangers behind her back then, but have made no effort to get her professional help? :suspect:

Maybe you could show her the thread so that she can see that the majority of people are in agreement with you... that'll make her feel a lot better! :rolleyes:

I'm surprised the marriage has lasted 17 years...

... if I believed so much as a word of it!

Entertaining thread though... ;)

So forgive me if i'm wrong multiple people on here male and female think its okay for one parent to rule the roost with no compromise over what happens to the child of both of you?

What if the parent decided religious brainwashing was important to the boys life, but you weren't a believer. Should they continue for the benefit of the child or would you stop them ?

Some people think that religion enriches their lives much more than a two week break to a playground.

In answer to the question about vetoing.

I wouldn't need to veto anything,my family would think more about my mental health and well being than a holiday.

You seem to think that Sally Selfish rules the roost and that they shouldn't go on holiday because she doesn't want to go.

You seem to think that Sally Selfish rules the roost and that they shouldn't go on holiday because she doesn't want to go.

And you seem to think op should leave his wife (who may or may not have mental issues) all upset whilst he goes on a roller coaster.

I've got to know how this one pans out!

There are always at least two sides to every story, so dont jump to conclusions you are getting a neutral one from the OP. It would be interesting to know what her views are.

If she has a medical condition, then its better to assist and help her deal with it rather than ignore or rebuke her for it. That's the mother of his child and presumably someone he supposedly loves. To do anything other than talk it through to try to resolve it is just typical of SF.

:hihi:

So, you're happy to ask for advice from unqualified strangers behind her back then, but have made no effort to get her professional help? :suspect:

Maybe you could show her the thread so that she can see that the majority of people are in agreement with you... that'll make her feel a lot better! :rolleyes:

I'm surprised the marriage has lasted 17 years...

... if I believed so much as a word of it!

Entertaining thread though... ;)

I have made every effort for her to get professional help but unfortunately its much easier for people who have these phobias to avoid the causes at any cost rather than get treatment. I mainly started the thread for the poll at the top and didn't expect the amount of replies that it has.

Don't worry its very real and not very pleasant to deal with.

There are always at least two sides to every story, so dont jump to conclusions you are getting a neutral one from the OP. It would be interesting to know what her views are.

If she has a medical condition, then its better to assist and help her deal with it rather than ignore or rebuke her for it. That's the mother of his child and presumably someone he supposedly loves. To do anything other than talk it through to try to resolve it is just typical of SF.

But you're assuming his missus wants to talk it through or even CAN talk it through at this moment of time. She probably can't so she's chucked the toys out.

Right - here's my two pen'north for what it's worth! I was in a similar predicament a few years ago when daughter was running New York marathon and asked rest of family if we wanted to go and watch and have a short break at same time. I am terrified of flying and made the excuse that there was no-one to look after the dog! I waved them all off 'happily'! When it was hubby's 60th birthday he wanted to go back. I was determined not to spoil it for him again and went! Petrified all the time there and back but refused to let it spoil hols. Now he's coming up to 65th and we are thinking of going again!

However - 2 points in the OP - son definitely needs to be asked his opinion - as already pointed out - but problem here is that the mum doesn't appear to be willing to help herself/take advice etc. This makes her come across as being selfish as she won't meet anyone halfway but then sulks as she doesn't want to be left out. She can't have it both ways - she needs to either get help of some sort or let them go and be happy for them.