Looking for free offcut carpet

Hi a friend of mine has recently had his house flooded due to some shabby plumbing and all of his downstairs carpets have been flooded, he's recently lost his job too so money is tight, I was wondering if anybody knows of anywhere I could get some free carpets, I know it's a big Ask but the measurements don't have to be perfect it's just a temporary thing until he's back on his feet. Do pyramid carpets or carpet world throw old "unfashionable" carpets away?

Edited by pretty_big

Hi a friend of mine has recently had his house flooded due to some shabby plumbing and all of his downstairs carpets have been flooded, he's recently lost his job too so money is tight, I was wondering if anybody knows of anywhere I could get some free carpets, I know it's a big Ask but the measurements don't have to be perfect it's just a temporary thing until he's back on his feet. Do pyramid carpets or carpet world throw old "unfashionable" carpets away?

I doubt Pyramid will do that. Pyramid have very well priced carpets though. Some really really cheap. I carpeted the whole downstairs of my former house for under £200 and it was a big house. If its temp then some foam backed basic carpets will cost very little.

I dont have much spare money right now but i could chip in £20 if you can get some sort of collection going?

Hi, sorry to hear about this.

Are you sure they aren't cleanable? No matter who you used it would be a cheaper option than replacing.

Just a thought.

That's a brill idea. Now, if only we knew of someone who could supply such a service.

Hmmmmmmmm :suspect:

:hihi: