PM says Brexit could bring Calais 'Jungle' to UK

The French Government has even more idea and they say it's not happening. :)

The French government is giving a political response, they want the Uk to remain in the EU. The Mayor has no such political desires and is giving an emotionally charged responses. Blunkett on the other hand has no cards to play in the issue, so out of the three (four), I'm more interested in what he has to say.

The French government is giving a political response, they want the Uk to remain in the EU.
In that case, the message is dissonant with the intention, because the French government is saying the agreements will not called into question in case of a Brexit.

So I can't really see how that helps the argument for the UK to stay in the EU.

If anything, my £0.02/tea leaves reading is that Paris would like to see the UK Brexiting,

(i) because Cameron eclipses Hollande politically in top level EU discussions and effectively shows up Hollande as the spineless Merkel lackey that he is, and

(ii) because French politicians through the ages, and today still, have never digested Maggie's rebate (conveniently forgetting all about the CAP all the same, of course) and are sick and tired of the UK constantly wanting its EU cake and eating it.

The panic is over. France has has said that they will continue to have a UK border on French soil no matter if the UK is in or out of the EU.

That's a little victory for Cameron.

How on earth is that a victory for Cameron? He made up the scaremongering nonsense to support his naff 'deal' and it's promptly been slapped down.

How on earth is that a victory for Cameron? He made up the scaremongering nonsense to support his naff 'deal' and it's promptly been slapped down.

He, and the UK in general, wins either way because the French are keeping a UK border on their soil.

Whether or not Cameron was trying to flush out a French position is up for debate, but if he was it worked, and if it wasn't it still worked.

He, and the UK in general, wins either way because the French are keeping a UK border on their soil.

Which was never in question. He falsely raised it as an issue to try to give credibility to his pathetic sham deal.

What next, if he says China might invade Northumberland if we leave the EU will you hail it as a triumph for him when China point out that either way they won't be storming ashore at Alnwick?