Retired.. bored..think you are wasting away.

Why not invest in property and take an active part in renevateing run down houses.

looking at the state of the rental sector in Sheffield, they are not renovating anything. I was in the Western Park museum over the weekend that had a typical Sheffield kitchen from sometime in the past. I have seen houses with less modern kitchens for rent only last week!

Edited by Berberis

Why not invest in property and take an active part in renevateing run down houses.
because at that point people tend not to look for long term investments. This is the time they may draw down their capital for Bucket list events or to get their kids onto the property ladder.

Plus many won't have the same levels of energy they once had to do the work themselves - so if they pay for everything, the return is lost

And at that time in life, people are looking to settle things. (even if that's a subconscious "looking"). Very few want to start metaphorically pulling up trees and enhance their wealth and social standing

Have you sent this to Top Tips at Viz?

---------- Post added 09-02-2016 at 22:36 ----------

My kidneys are fine thanks

:(:):D:hihi::hihi::hihi:

According to Private Eyes 'from the message boards' healthy hobbies for people in such a situation are Sunday League football, swinging, darts, collecting for H4H and dogging.

re the bold ones, can you Pm me your list of contacts, I'm in need of new hobbies