27 members have voted

1. 1. As a cyclists tick the option which best represents your Strava usage

• I'm not a cyclist
    • Cyclist - Don't use Strava, ever.
    • Cyclist - Use strava for every journey
    • Cyclist - Use Strava when I commute to work, no other time
    • Cyclist - Use Strava for cycling OTHER than commute
    • Cyclist - Other, I'll explain

I don't get feeling smug about doing a fast commute through a city, because it's as likely to be a reflection of getting a series of green traffic lights and clear sections at junctions than a monster effort or improved fitness.

My bigger concerns are that he was already known to jump lights and cut corners before he got Strava, I doubt he's improved since getting it.

He's also had fallouts with other cyclists (for whatever reasons) and then looked for their names on Strava and had a rant about them :roll:

My bigger concerns are that he was already known to jump lights and cut corners before he got Strava, I doubt he's improved since getting it.

He's also had fallouts with other cyclists (for whatever reasons) and then looked for their names on Strava and had a rant about them :roll:

The person in question sounds a tool. If I was you, every time he tried to share his experiences about his commute, I think I'd make it obvious that his conversation was boring me. At least he's on a bike and not in a car though.

The person in question sounds a tool. If I was you, every time he tried to share his experiences about his commute, I think I'd make it obvious that his conversation was boring me. At least he's on a bike and not in a car though.

Myself and others make a lot of sarcastic remarks about it, he often doesn't seem to spot the sarcasm and thinks you're agreeing with him (too engrossed in studying his Strava records to pick up on the subtleties).

As a person he's not bad, as a race cyclist he's good. As a road cyclist, yes, he is a bit of a tool.

This is a public poll, it's interesting to see that Eric, who's never mentioned being a cyclists before has voted "use it for every journey"... Care to comment Eric?

---------- Post added 10-02-2016 at 16:06 ----------

I have my Garmin, which I am happy with so never felt the need to register with Strava.

Garmin will sync automatically with a strava account if you set one up.

Do you use the garmin to track your commute regularly, or just leisure cycling?

This is a public poll, it's interesting to see that Eric, who's never mentioned being a cyclists before has voted "use it for every journey"... Care to comment Eric?

There is nothing to comment on. I use Strava for every cycle journey. Correction, nearly every cycle journey, but your poll is heavily flawed in that respect.

Why did you make it a public poll Cyclone? Care to comment on that? ;)

Extra correction, I actually use another system altogether, but it happens to be connected to Strava.

Edited by Eric Arthur

---------- Post added 10-02-2016 at 16:06 ----------

Garmin will sync automatically with a strava account if you set one up.

Do you use the garmin to track your commute regularly, or just leisure cycling?

Garmin connect is a good tool to record your rides, many people are happy just to use that.

There is nothing to comment on. I use Strava for every cycle journey. Correction, nearly every cycle journey, but your poll is heavily flawed in that respect.

Sure, heavily flawed. It's clearly biased and I made it very difficult to say that you use it on your commute.

Why did you make it a public poll Cyclone? Care to comment on that? ;)

Wanted to see your vote. Seen it now.

You've never mentioned cycling before, but now you use strava on every journey and you commute to work on your bike.

Amazing what you learn.

---------- Post added 10-02-2016 at 16:14 ----------

Garmin connect is a good tool to record your rides, many people are happy just to use that.

Yeah, it was just a comment.

I don't think connect is very good for running. I have it sync with Strava, endomondo and smashrun.

They all provide a slightly different way of looking at things.