Is There A Place For Feminism In The Modern World?

I agree. The gender pay gap isn't real either. A lot of the things radical feminists moan about have already happened.

Sheffield Council has just been forced to pay out another load of cash to women workers after failing to not pay them in line with men from 2005 to 2010. This is after a case in 2007 when they were forced to pay out cash to women for an earlier time period. The details of the payouts are not allowed to be disclosed as part of the payment offer to staff.

It still happens, even in the most PC workplaces.

Get your facts straight...but then again facts /logic / rational thinking isn't your strong point.

I disagree. From what I've seen Kate has a good track record on here of backing up her points with facts and 'showing her working' when stating opinions as to why she's formed that opinion.

Based on the above comment I'd have to disagree with all of this statement.

That's because you made some insulting, provably false statements about feminists without seemingly bothering to read any of the other comments, including ones by myself where I clearly stated that 'modern' feminism like examples listed by the OP were not feminism at all, merely people looking for someone to blame. I also went out to say that the point of real feminism was to increased equality for both genders, including helping men in things like paternity cases and paternity leave as just one example. And that if you need to decrease things for men to make things better for women then you've failed already. Anything there you still disagree with? Or do you think I'm overweight? A few people on here know me in real life and are probably giggling if you think that's a far description of me. I'm probably not attractive though ;)

Sorry Mort! :(

That's because you made some insulting, provably false statements about feminists without seemingly bothering to read any of the other comments, including ones by myself where I clearly stated that 'modern' feminism like examples listed by the OP were not feminism at all, merely people looking for someone to blame. I also went out to say that the point of real feminism was to increased equality for both genders, including helping men in things like paternity cases and paternity leave as just one example. And that if you need to decrease things for men to make things better for women then you've failed already. Anything there you still disagree with? Or do you think I'm overweight? A few people on here know me in real life and are probably giggling if you think that's a far description of me. I'm probably not attractive though ;)

Sorry Mort! :(

Describing the stereotypical feminist? True though if you google and look at the images of your typical media feminists with some notable exceptions.

I guess you would find the description offensive if you are all of those things. My apologies.

Edited by herbalharry

Describing the stereotypical feminist? True though if you google and look at the images of your typical media feminists with some notable exceptions.

I guess you would find the description offensive if you are all of those things. My apologies.

Whatever the argument is if your response is to attack the real or stereotypical phsyical appearance of the group of people you object to then you seriously cheapen your response. Some radfems are pug ugly, some are quite attractive, neither has a bearing on the problematic nature of the man hating stuff they come out with. You wouldn't assert that astrophysics is a load of old rubbish because Stephen Hawking isn't going to be doing a cover shoot for GQ, why do it on this subject?

I'm perfectly relaxed about calling myself a mainstream feminist as I believe in gender equality of opportunity in so far as is practical taking into account only the ladies can have babies and strength issues.

Are you arguing that women should be subservient to men? Surely this could not be put forward as a rational thesis in 2016? Or are you arguing that there might be some women, whom you have never met, that you might not attractive? If so, why does this matter to you?