Tory MP forced to move back with parents

Absolute rubbish.

Not FORCED in any way.

He could get on the property ladder tomorrow if he so choose. £4k a month after tax is plenty to save up a deposit and subsequently pay a mortgage.

3 bed houses in Stockport and its surrounding areas, including Hazel Grove start from as little as 80k up to 400k. Plenty of scope in between. Even on his ex teacher wage he could afford that.

Nothing but an attention seeker doing a soundbite for a TV show. All over the papers which is exactly what he wanted.

As for his career progression beyond MP with the Tories, I would not put much money on it.

Absolute rubbish.

Not FORCED in any way.

He could get on the property ladder tomorrow if he so choose. £4k a month after tax is plenty to save up a deposit and subsequently pay a mortgage.

3 bed houses in Stockport and its surrounding areas, including Hazel Grove start from as little as 80k up to 400k. Plenty of scope in between. Even on his ex teacher wage he could afford that.

Nothing but an attention seeker doing a soundbite for a TV show. All over the papers which is exactly what he wanted.

As for his career progression beyond MP with the Tories, I would not put much money on it.

He wants to live where he spends most of his time, in London. Have you seen the price of property in the borough of Westminister? :roll:

I want to live on a sun drenched beach in the Cayman Islands but I cant afford too. Life is tough.

Firstly he gets a second home allowance which would more than cover costs of doing so. They can claim up to £17.5k a year to cover rental payments. He can claim £130 a night for hotel accommodation in the London area as and when he needs it.

Notwithstanding any of the expenses allowances, even if he did want to live in London. £4k a month is still plenty of money. There are 2-3 bedroomed properties all over the London area starting from £150-170k. There are people living in London on less than a third of that income. They still manage.

Nobody has a right to live round the corner from where they work. Even MPs.

I call horse crap on the entire story. Its an attention seeking soundbite to get his name in the papers.

Silly boy needs to grow up.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Absolute rubbish.

Not FORCED in any way.

He's probably looking for a place in the centre of town like this, after all, he's a Tory isn't he, he's hardly going to slum it!

https://www.eigroup.co.uk/files/5/24137/5bde1e00-cf05-4de4-bf53-bccf3a71150d.pdf