Tory MP forced to move back with parents

Don't see many labour MPs "slumming it" either.

Its nothing at all with him being a tory. I couldn't care less what political party he is from. He is a moron.

Anyone who earns £74k a year and believes they cannot get on the property ladder needs their head screwing on properly.

Incidentally, I do find it very interesting that said silly boy has been quite happy to open his gob on a tv show but has not been prepared to put such a grand statement on his own twitter account. Wonder if that might have something to do with its instant public feedback abilities.

---------- Post added 11-02-2016 at 00:17 ----------

He's probably looking for a place in the centre of town like this, after all, he's a Tory isn't he, he's hardly going to slum it!

https://www.eigroup.co.uk/files/5/24137/5bde1e00-cf05-4de4-bf53-bccf3a71150d.pdf

PS: Based on its most recently recorded sale price, Mortgage on this would be just over £2k a month. Its still only half his net monthly wage. He would still be able to just about afford it.

Edited by ECCOnoob

So , he has not been forced to do anything .:help: He has only been in his new job since last May . If he is spending a lot of time in London , then it makes common sense for him to stay at his parents house when he is in his constituency, in order to build up a good deposit to buy an house .

Absolute rubbish.

Not FORCED in any way.

He could get on the property ladder tomorrow if he so choose. £4k a month after tax is plenty to save up a deposit and subsequently pay a mortgage.

3 bed houses in Stockport and its surrounding areas, including Hazel Grove start from as little as 80k up to 400k. Plenty of scope in between. Even on his ex teacher wage he could afford that.

Nothing but an attention seeker doing a soundbite for a TV show. All over the papers which is exactly what he wanted.

As for his career progression beyond MP with the Tories, I would not put much money on it.

Yep, I'm with you on this one.

His take home is £4100+ a month.

He's the MP for Hazel Grove, so within a few miles of his constituency there are multiple terraced houses for 70 - 80k available.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-52983382.html

For example.

A 10% deposit would take him a matter of months (4, maybe 5) to save, particularly if not even paying rent at the moment.

And mortgage lenders would be more than happy to lend him the rest.

---------- Post added 11-02-2016 at 10:22 ----------

He wants to live where he spends most of his time, in London. Have you seen the price of property in the borough of Westminister? :roll:

A 2nd home in London would be paid for by expenses

MPs are entitled to claim expenses for a second home in London and have to pay for their constituency homes themselves.

The end of the article is nonsense. Why does the journo imagine that as his FIRST house he should be buying one at the average value for the constituency he represents?

According to figures from Rightmove, house prices in Mr Wragg’s home constituency of Hazel Grove averaged £211,601 last year, a seven per cent increase on the previous year.

Based on this price, for a typical first time buyer's 80 per cent mortgage, Mr Wragg would need a deposit of £42,320. At the very minimum, for a 95 per cent mortgage, he would need just £10,580.

But based on his £74,000 salary, he should be able to buy a property worth more, depending on how much he can save.

Someone with Mr Wragg’s salary is likely to be eligible to borrow between £222,000 and £314,500 towards a property – meaning he could afford a property worth at least £277,500 if he had a 20 per cent deposit of £55,500, equivalent to a year’s salary.

However if he wants a detached property he might need a bit more. These sold for an average of £329,778 in Hazel Grove last year.

What's wrong with buying at the bottom of the market, and within 3 miles of his constituency would be close enough IMO.

He should be looking at cheap terraced houses, not average semi's.

---------- Post added 11-02-2016 at 10:26 ----------

So , he has not been forced to do anything .:help: He has only been in his new job since last May . If he is spending a lot of time in London , then it makes common sense for him to stay at his parents house when he is in his constituency, in order to build up a good deposit to buy an house .

He's claiming it's not by choice

"I am part of that ‘boomerang generation' myself. In a few years hopefully I will have saved up enough for a deposit.

"I know exactly what it is like. I have complete empathy with people in that position."

Edited by Cyclone