Can you report someone Single Person Council Tax Discount fraud?

Thanks, that made me giggle, I'm in rather a stressful situation at the moment so any light relief is welcome :)

I have requested keys, and he is currently refusing on the grounds that I haven't paid the mortgage. I've told him he can't deny me access, we'll see what happens....

If you sold the house would it sell for more than what it was bought for or is it in negative equity?

I understand your predicament and I can also see it from your ex partners side as he has been paying the rent for the last 5 years.

I think you will have to go down the court route if you can't come to some legal agreement between yourselves.

Reporting him for some alleged fraud isn't going to help matters and for all you know his new partner may be registered at her own place somewhere else that you don't know about.

I hope you get this matter sorted somehow....

When you have the slightest clue about how they operate and on what basis they authorise charge then I would not spout such ill informed (yet claiming to be an authority) crap

Go ahead and show us why the CPS wouldn't prosecute...

Not that it's 100% relevant, I originally said that he'd be arrested, not prosecuted.

Go ahead and show us why the CPS wouldn't prosecute...

Not that it's 100% relevant, I originally said that he'd be arrested, not prosecuted.

You don't know it all then pal.

Do you work for them? Do you know anyone who does? Have you ever had any experience whatsoever of the decision making process? If you could answer yes to any of those then you might have a basis for commenting - if you do not then its all p... and wind

And changing tack - not relevant my eye !!

You keep asking questions, why not provide some answers?

It's easy to say "you're wrong", why not actually provide some evidence?

You obviously don't appreciate it being pointed out you are all talk and don't

actually "know" what your on about.

If you want to comment on topic that others do in fact (I know its tough to get this) know more than you, then expect it to be pointed out.

"Someone removes the entire contents of a house and you think the CPS might not prosecute?" Is your comment - you later changed it when you forgot the police might be involved at a point before the CPS get anywhere near.

Dear lord man have you any clue what a state the system is in at the moment? How desperate they are to only prosecute the cases where they 'expect' a guilty plea at an early stage and when that doesn't happen how low in terms of alternative pleas they will take?

You don't have any idea - I do - and if anyone bothered to visit any criminal courts for more than a flying visit you would be appalled at what goes on.

If the police were ever interested an thats an if, I can already see the letter - cut and pasted from the script - informing the alleged victim why no criminal prosecution was undertaken.

You obviously don't appreciate it being pointed out you are all talk and don't

actually "know" what your on about.

If you want to comment on topic that others do in fact (I know its tough to get this) know more than you, then expect it to be pointed out.

"Someone removes the entire contents of a house and you think the CPS might not prosecute?" Is your comment - you later changed it when you forgot the police might be involved at a point before the CPS get anywhere near.

Dear lord man have you any clue what a state the system is in at the moment? How desperate they are to only prosecute the cases where they 'expect' a guilty plea at an early stage and when that doesn't happen how low in terms of alternative pleas they will take?

You don't have any idea - I do - and if anyone bothered to visit any criminal courts for more than a flying visit you would be appalled at what goes on.

If the police were ever interested an thats an if, I can already see the letter - cut and pasted from the script - informing the alleged victim why no criminal prosecution was undertaken.

So whats your experience? Are you a policeman or in the CPS or a lawyer?

Gamston is always pretty vague, but his solution is taking property which he knows isn't his and putting it into a lock up.

He is still going to have to satisfy the police it isnt theft and that would be based upon the intention to permanently deprive. He's going to have to explain that to the police, especially if there is no easy access and the owner does not know where his property is. he could be left a key and the address.

However if you walkalong the Gamston way, then the reason for taking his property is to be persuasive. This leverage would most likely amount to blackmail and I dont believe the police or CPS would ignore that. The fact of breaking in and removing the property would be incriminating enough. How would you explain it?

His advice was stupid and actions illegal.

Post #93, not been edited, still says those words.

Care to withdraw the accusation?

---------- Post added 14-02-2016 at 12:40 ----------

Post #70 where I said that the police would be involved for the theft.

Post #80 where you confused the CPS with the police... Where you actually suggest that they "may be" interested in prosecution.