Can you report someone Single Person Council Tax Discount fraud?

There is no guarantee a court would rule in favour of a force sale . Suppose , the ex has a new partner who just happens to be pregnant or an existing child is now living at the address . The ex could easily spin a sob story for the court and end up with a ruling in his favour . Then poor old Isabelle would have an expensive legal bill to pay without the house being up for sale .

My masterplan makes much more common sense than gambling on a court's decision .

Go and read up on how the decision for orders for sales are made.

Bear in mind the current situation.

Whilst it is better to agree things without the need to go to court, that clearly hasnt happened for 5 years. You seem to think you have some persuasive ability that will suddenly get him to agree. He hasnt left because hes not interested in leaving his home.

You have zero leverage on him. If you put the house on the market he can take it off again.

You cannot sell the house without his consent. Your plan makes things worse.

None as far as I know.

---------- Post added 15-02-2016 at 13:46 ----------

The OP has already described how he's being difficult and doesn't want to do anything about the issue.

The only real avenue left open is the legal one, since he's refusing to even talk to the OP. (Unless you go down the legally questionable route that Gamston was suggesting).

So why the interest?

Tut... I genuinely wanted to know what the implications of it would be and I expected you to know the answer Cyclone :)

Tbh your question was a bit unclear. Do you mean what difference will him having paid the last 5 years of the mortgage make?

If you re-read post #154 that's pretty much what I asked.. Or at least I thought I had..

The reason for my personal interest is because up until me and my ex came to an agreement on our old house I actually paid the mortgage on my own for 2yrs and when I had the conversation with the Ex about me putting more money into it than he did so I wanted more out of it when we eventually sell it and I was told that unless the deeds are changed then it is still 50 / 50 in the eyes of the law.. Also, the bank doesn't care who makes the payment as long as the payment is made and even the evidence of me being the sole payer for those 2yrs means diddly squat..

If you re-read post #154 that's pretty much what I asked.. Or at least I thought I had..

The reason for my personal interest is because up until me and my ex came to an agreement on our old house I actually paid the mortgage on my own for 2yrs and when I had the conversation with the Ex about me putting more money into it than he did so I wanted more out of it when we eventually sell it and I was told that unless the deeds are changed then it is still 50 / 50 in the eyes of the law.. Also, the bank doesn't care who makes the payment as long as the payment is made and even the evidence of me being the sole payer for those 2yrs means diddly squat..

Sorry not menaing to be funny, but it could have been something else. Im not sure they have a co habitation agreement, normally couples just live together.

In cases like this and your when it comes to the division of property its starts at 50/50.

The judge can change things based on the merits.

My partner and I own a property jointly (legally and beneficially). He moved out sometime ago and I have continued paying the mortgage on the property and have carried out improvements to the property. Am I entitled to a greater share of the net equity when it’s sold?

No. On the face of it this does not entitle you to a greater share of the equity. A court may however say that you should be compensated for some of the money you have spent. This is usually to be taken out of your ex-partner’s half share. This boils down to the principle of “equitable accounting”. Even where shares are fixed, equitable accounting may be used to make adjustments, usually as follows:

1. A claim of one party in occupation to pay occupation rent to the other party after separation

2. A claim of the party in occupation to get credit for some payments of mortgage interest

3. A claim for the party in occupation to get credit for reducing the balance outstanding on the mortgage or paying an endowment policy

4. Claims in respect of repairs or improvements if the works have increased the value of the property

Generally, as a rule of thumb, one cancels out two i.e. any claim for occupation rent is cancelled out by the party in occupation paying the interest element of the mortgage. With regard to any reduction in the capital element of the mortgage, usually the person paying it, will be entitled to credit back for half of such reduction (the other half being theirs in any event). Issues of equitable accounting arise only after the date of separation.

http://www.stephensons.co.uk/site/individuals/srvfamily/familyfiancial/cohabitation/

So why the interest?

Tut... I genuinely wanted to know what the implications of it would be and I expected you to know the answer Cyclone :)

Why your interest in my interest, does it alter something?

As I said, I don't think there ARE any implications.

If the house were in negative equity it would have added complications.

You've also claimed for the 2nd time that I made some claim to be an expert, that's known as you lying, I made no such claim.

Ah the droning continues.

This is a public forum on which there are many contributors - some of whom have particular knowledge or expertise in specific areas.

There are also those who believe they have expertise when they plainly do not and do not like their "authority''(ego) challenged.

Some people look on the forum for advice or information and may rely on it if they feel they have no other options.

If advice / opinion is given in an area where someone has particular knowledge then fair enough - where erroneous and misguided /misleading garbage is spouted by someone who plainly does not know what they are talking about then they can expect to be taken to task.

What then happens is the rather juvenile petty name calling starts and worse you could be called a liar -

If Cyclone wants to play the big man then he needs to be a little better informed than he makes out. He doesn't like it though - :D:D:D

You've also claimed for the 2nd time that I made some claim to be an expert, that's known as you lying, I made no such claim.

Ah the droning continues.

This is a public forum on which there are many contributors - some of whom have particular knowledge or expertise in specific areas.

There are also those who believe they have expertise when they plainly do not and do not like their "authority''(ego) challenged.

Some people look on the forum for advice or information and may rely on it if they feel they have no other options.

If advice / opinion is given in an area where someone has particular knowledge then fair enough - where erroneous and misguided /misleading garbage is spouted by someone who plainly does not know what they are talking about then they can expect to be taken to task.

What then happens is the rather juvenile petty name calling starts and worse you could be called a liar -

If Cyclone wants to play the big man then he needs to be a little better informed than he makes out. He doesn't like it though - :D:D:D

No he doesn't. He just wants like at least 2 other people on this thread to know what qualifies you to know more than anyone else. If you aren't prepared to do that nothing you say has anymore weight or validity than anything anyone else says.

What, he/you want to see my qualifications so that you can assess whether or not you are prepared to consider any of the points made?

Where is your specials ID to support your claim that you were one?

It works two ways - I do not need to see it to consider if I think anything you have to say on any topic has any validity or carries any great weight.

I have no idea what he or you do for a living - nor do I care - I do however care that people may come on here and purport to give advice when they are plain wrong and others who may not know better could act on the basis it.

My occupation is my business not yours or anyone else's on this forum.

Your "masterplan" would result in whoever executed spending some time in a cell.

In light of Isabelle's guess work that there is only about £12,000 equity in the property my 'masterplan' doesn't really warrant risking any time in a cell . For the same reasons it wouldn't be worth the risk on gambling on a court's decision regarding a force sale .

The most important aim for Isabelle is to get her name removed from the mortgage . Isabelle's ex needs to be presuaded to try harder to get a mortgage in his own name which shouldn't be a problem given the fact he has managed to pay for one without Isabelle contributing for the past five years . If buying Isabelle's stake in the house has been a stubbling block in negotiations in the past, then maybe a solution is for Isabelle to negotiate a percent share of the proceeds of any future sale of the property .

---------- Post added 15-02-2016 at 19:38 ----------

Go and read up on how the decision for orders for sales are made.

Bear in mind the current situation.

Whilst it is better to agree things without the need to go to court, that clearly hasnt happened for 5 years. You seem to think you have some persuasive ability that will suddenly get him to agree. He hasnt left because hes not interested in leaving his home.

You have zero leverage on him. If you put the house on the market he can take it off again.

You cannot sell the house without his consent. Your plan makes things worse.

Isabelle is unsure about the current situation otherwise she would not have brought up the council tax issue . Any decisions to force a sale will take both parties arguments into consideration and no outcome can be guaranteed .