Can you report someone Single Person Council Tax Discount fraud?

Why your interest in my interest, does it alter something?

As I said, I don't think there ARE any implications.

If the house were in negative equity it would have added complications.

Why your interest in my interest in your interest? :D

It's OK, was a genuine interest for reasons I posted in #164

Y

Cyclone - my opinion is as valid as yours old son - your misleading comments on topics you know nothing about yet feel the need to spout - will be corrected.

As I have said before just get it right or don't bother to post on topics where your knowledge is lacking or defective.

I find your responses pathetic, plainly you are irked by someone having the temerity to challenge the great one.

I will leave you to this one now though - point made.

You are quite correct, your opinion is precisely as valid as mine.

Unless you want to provide some evidence that I'm wrong, in which case I'll happily change my opinion.

You've had plenty of chance though, and no evidence has been forthcoming.

I have no problem with being challenged. Go ahead and prove me wrong. I'll learn something. Just please stop wasting everyone's time by repeating yourself and refusing to provide proof.

Hopefully this is not considered to be sniping. If I'm wrong then I'd like to be corrected, with facts, so that I won't be wrong in the future.

Well we know some of the circumstances and her solicitor will know more. By circumstances I meant personal stuff about the relationship, especially whether there are any children. No mention has been made of such.

He is un co-operative and non constructive.

He has managed to drag it out for 5 years.

They arent friends and doesnt wnat anything to do with him.

Talking has been tried and repeatedly failed.

He hasnt presented any viable alternatives.

He will continue to do the status quo indefinitely, because he has what he wants and there is no reason for him to do any more.

Your solutions have been to take all his stuff, which was stupid.

Putting the house on the market. Which wont work and could get you into serious trouble if you proceed to try and sell it.

Persuading him in some mysterious way which looked suspiciously like blackmail.

Youve now gone back to just persuading him. he has no reason to comply if he doesnt wnat and he has a track record of not doing so.

Meanwhile the OP is left in limbo.

1. Shes still connected to him when she wants to move on. its a potential liability that hangs over her.

2. It could also damage her credit rating and is most likely preventing her from applying for a new mortgage and restrict other forms of finance.

3. there is a small amount of equity, which if realised she would find useful.

There is a procedure in place, which can bypass the need to get his authority to sell. This would let her sell without his consent, pay the mortgage and cut ties with him.

When she goes to see the solicitor he can inform her of all this.

When he advises her then he can start wth a few stern letters, but if they dont workhe can apply for the order and give her a cost of how much it will cost. He can apply to the court to ask for costs to be deducted from his half.

To know whether an order will be granted you have to look at the criteria the judge uses. You can look that up.

To know how the proceeds are split, then you can look that up.

You give no indication you have done so.

In terms of will it be too expensive compared to the equity in the house. Her solicitor should give her an estimate of costs if requested. the process isnt that complicated. That is a personal choice the OP has to make.

Since he realises proceedings have been started and she means business, then he may well cave in before that. His solicitor cna explain what the criteria are and how they split the proceeds. If he caves in before and gets a mortgage himself(because he wasnt trying hard enough) then they will both save money, so its not a given that it will be expensive.

In any event she will ask for costs from his share as there seems very little justification to block the sale since they split. He has been un co operatve.

Its better to do it without lawyers, but as its been 5 years of trying, then she is left with little alternative to get her what she wants. She will be aware of the potential costs and realtive risks as they wil be explained to her.

You have not explained what your persuasive techniques are, after going cool on taking all his belongings. If its done with threats or co ercion, then you get yourself in trouble.

She has tried being reasonable, patient and nice. It hasnt worked.

You make some valid points and I genuinly hope they will be helpful for Isabelle .

My 'masterplan' as you called it was based on an assumption Isabelle had also been paying the mortgage for the last five years which is not the case . I consider myself to be a fair person so I wouldn't be prepared to do what I suggested in light of the additional facts Isabelle has added to the thread .

What worries me about Isabelle's situation is the five year period in which she has not contributed to paying the mortgage. I have concerns Isabelle's ex may have made her a fair and reasonable offer to buy her share of the house after the breakup when I guess the property was in negative equity .

People behave in a different manner when you communicate with them in person rather than by letter or on the phone . Persuasive techniques could be in the form of a man to man chat in the local pub or they could be in the form of offering the guy money to remove Isabelle's name from the mortgage agreement depending on the situation when all the facts are known.

My original point was that using a Solicitor is no guarantee that a dispute will be settled more favouable than using alternative methods . I know more than one person who regrets getting Solicitors invloved in divorce settlements and I have also received bad advice from the legal profession regarding other matters in the past .

---------- Post added 16-02-2016 at 18:23 ----------

Be patient, he may well learn this when he starts primary school

His next school report will read "Slight improvement , but could do better "

She says that he has made no offer to buy the property as he can't secure a mortgage on his own.

Using a solicitor is just another form of persuasion for when talking has failed. And at least it's a form that if followed through can ultimately force him to sell the house.

You make some valid points and I genuinly hope they will be helpful for Isabelle .

My 'masterplan' as you called it was based on an assumption Isabelle had also been paying the mortgage for the last five years which is not the case . I consider myself to be a fair person so I wouldn't be prepared to do what I suggested in light of the additional facts Isabelle has added to the thread .

What worries me about Isabelle's situation is the five year period in which she has not contributed to paying the mortgage. I have concerns Isabelle's ex may have made her a fair and reasonable offer to buy her share of the house after the breakup when I guess the property was in negative equity .

People behave in a different manner when you communicate with them in person rather than by letter or on the phone . Persuasive techniques could be in the form of a man to man chat in the local pub or they could be in the form of offering the guy money to remove Isabelle's name from the mortgage agreement depending on the situation when all the facts are known.

My original point was that using a Solicitor is no guarantee that a dispute will be settled more favouable than using alternative methods . I know more than one person who regrets getting Solicitors invloved in divorce settlements and I have also received bad advice from the legal profession regarding other matters in the past .

---------- Post added 16-02-2016 at 18:23 ----------

His next school report will read "Slight improvement , but could do better "

My bold. I have received no such offer. I have not heard anything from him on the matter until I started to contact him about it. If I hadn't initiated actions, I sincerely believe he would have just left it for the foreseeable future.

---------- Post added 17-02-2016 at 13:07 ----------

She says that he has made no offer to buy the property as he can't secure a mortgage on his own.

Using a solicitor is just another form of persuasion for when talking has failed. And at least it's a form that if followed through can ultimately force him to sell the house.

I have very recently had an offer, but it does not release me from the mortgage, so it is in effect invalid.

My bold. I have received no such offer. I have not heard anything from him on the matter until I started to contact him about it. If I hadn't initiated actions, I sincerely believe he would have just left it for the foreseeable future.

---------- Post added 17-02-2016 at 13:07 ----------

I have very recently had an offer, but it does not release me from the mortgage, so it is in effect invalid.

If you have recently had an offer, then you should reply with a counter offer insisting your name is taken off the mortgage agreement for his offer to be considered or accepted . You must reply to the offer , if you have not already done so .