Can you report someone Single Person Council Tax Discount fraud?

A friend of mine had this issue late 2014. She had been split from her ex for three years and he was refusing to take her name off the mortgage.

So, we called a locksmith and changed the locks, she had every right to do this. I gave keys to three of my more sociable mates who used the house for parties, smoking and drinking all hours.

The house was on the market in a month.

Tell me where the property is and if it is convenient I will arrange it for you. No laws will be broken (no drugs, no excessive noise after 11pm etc) so everything will be above board.

Having been in a similar position to your friend a few years ago, this idea made me smile!! :thumbsup:

So you are against using a solicitor or a mediator. How are you going to resolve the issue?

It's horses for courses and there are more ways than one way to skin a cat . Persuasive techniques à la runningman1 can be more effective than going down the solicitor route.

Mediation would not be on the menu :loopy:

We have actually been to mediation (separately). My solicitor advised me this is required before I can go to court.

---------- Post added 12-02-2016 at 06:05 ----------

Having been in a similar position to your friend a few years ago, this idea made me smile!! :thumbsup:

The idea of changing the locks has occurred to me, in one of my more frustrated moments, but I would never do this.

Someone I know did a similar thing, changed the locks and waited in the house with a few people for support, waited 'til he got home "surprise!"

I have always been nice though, that's in my nature, although it hasn't got me anywhere so far!

So really you dont know.

I know that being a nice person as Isabelle appears to be and going through all the so called correct channels can lead to others taking advantage of that good nature . It's no surprise to me that you have a lack of understanding of the concept of 'presuasive techniques'

---------- Post added 12-02-2016 at 08:33 ----------

We have actually been to mediation (separately). My solicitor advised me this is required before I can go to court.

I assume mediation has not actually solved any of your problems .

The idea of changing the locks has occurred to me, in one of my more frustrated moments, but I would never do this.

Someone I know did a similar thing, changed the locks and waited in the house with a few people for support, waited 'til he got home "surprise!"

I have always been nice though, that's in my nature, although it hasn't got me anywhere so far!

Why don't we arrange weekly Sheffield forum party there.

It would be same as forum, bunch of random people arguing about things they can not do anything about. If everyone gets intoxicated it will be a lot like this forum but live.

I would definitely go that way. Move in maybe? It's your house after all. You have every right to go in with guests, new partner or whoever you like.

if you have keys / access to the house have all doors and windows removed, he wont want to stay in the house this weather