Can you report someone Single Person Council Tax Discount fraud?

I know that being a nice person as Isabelle appears to be and going through all the so called correct channels can lead to others taking advantage of that good nature . It's no surprise to me that you have a lack of understanding of the concept of 'presuasive techniques'

---------- Post added 12-02-2016 at 08:33 ----------

I assume mediation has not actually solved any of your problems .

So tell us what you would do? Tell us all about your persuasive techniques? Is it all from the Gamston universe of common sense with added apples and oranges?

The reason she should have gone to a solicitor earlier is because its the legal way to force him to sell the house which is what you want. It looks like the OP has spent 4.5 years before finally seeing one. If she wants a charging order, then it could have been ontained a lot faster than that. Ofc you disagree.

the reason you would try mediation is because where the other party is willing then its an effective way of resolving disputes that avoids the expense and hostility of full litigation. At the right time and with right parties it works. Its also a precursor to litigation. The reason why it might have been suitable and was therefore worth trying with the OP is because:

1. Cheaper.

2. Faster.

3. Less confrontational and less stressful.

All which would have benefited the OP. There is no guarantee of a successful conclusion, but its worth a try.

So tell us what your solition is if its non legal?

Why?

Just leave a hole... It's your house and there's no law that says that you need to have a front door.

Yes but then she'd be devaluing her house or letting squatters in which would be an even greater problem than the ex! The only solution has to be the legal forced sale and that needs to be done through a solicitor which it sounds like is being arranged already.

Anything else just sounds like revenge for the sake of it and doesn't get her nearer a solution. Can totally understand the desire to cause mischief though.

So tell us what you would do? Tell us all about your persuasive techniques? Is it all from the Gamston universe of common sense with added apples and oranges?

The reason she should have gone to a solicitor earlier is because its the legal way to force him to sell the house which is what you want. It looks like the OP has spent 4.5 years before finally seeing one. If she wants a charging order, then it could have been ontained a lot faster than that. Ofc you disagree.

the reason you would try mediation is because where the other party is willing then its an effective way of resolving disputes that avoids the expense and hostility of full litigation. At the right time and with right parties it works. Its also a precursor to litigation. The reason why it might have been suitable and was therefore worth trying with the OP is because:

1. Cheaper.

2. Faster.

3. Less confrontational and less stressful.

All which would have benefited the OP. There is no guarantee of a successful conclusion, but its worth a try.

So tell us what your solition is if its non legal?

If my daughter was in a similar situation to Isabelle's current predicament, then I would arrange for all the locks of the house to be changed after the guy leaves the property for work . All the contents of the house including any apples and oranges would be removed and placed into self storage . Then I would wait along with a couple of house sitters for the guy to return from work to give him the news he has been evicted from the house which would be up for sale within a few days . I have connections with the building trade so changing the locks and securing the property would not be a problem .

My 'presuasive techniques' would have been used to convince the guy to vacate the house four and half years ago instead of my daughter and a situation like Isabelle's would never have occurred .

My solution would be cheaper and quicker but more stressful for the guy involved .

If my daughter was in a similar situation to Isabelle's current predicament, then I would arrange for all the locks of the house to be changed after the guy leaves the property for work . All the contents of the house including any apples and oranges would be removed and placed into self storage . Then I would wait along with a couple of house sitters for the guy to return from work to give him the news he has been evicted from the house which would be up for sale within a few days . I have connections with the building trade so changing the locks and securing the property would not be a problem .

My 'presuasive techniques' would have been used to convince the guy to vacate the house four and half years ago instead of my daughter and a situation like Isabelle's would never have occurred .

My solution would be cheaper and quicker but more stressful for the guy involved .

But you cannot evict him as he partially owns the house, no more than he can evict her. He can come back the moment you leave, break back in and change the locks. How long are you going to keep playing that game.

I seriously hope you are just being a keyboard warrior and if your daughter ever is in that situation that you would actually do none of what you've just put but help her in covering any legal costs accrued by sorting the matter out properly and legally.

Edited by sgtkate
typos

Are you Liam Neeson?!