Can you report someone Single Person Council Tax Discount fraud?

If my daughter was in a similar situation to Isabelle's current predicament, then I would arrange for all the locks of the house to be changed after the guy leaves the property for work . All the contents of the house including any apples and oranges would be removed and placed into self storage . Then I would wait along with a couple of house sitters for the guy to return from work to give him the news he has been evicted from the house which would be up for sale within a few days . I have connections with the building trade so changing the locks and securing the property would not be a problem .

My 'presuasive techniques' would have been used to convince the guy to vacate the house four and half years ago instead of my daughter and a situation like Isabelle's would never have occurred .

My solution would be cheaper and quicker but more stressful for the guy involved .

You miss the fact its his house as well and youve just burgled him/stolen his property.

You cannot legally sell the house on your own. Nobody would buy it. It will not happen in a few days..

The person claims all the expense of putting this right from the share of the proceeds. For the moment you havent achieved anything except got yourself into trouble.

But you cannot evict him as he partially owns to house no more than he can evict her. He can come back the moment you leave, break back in and change the locks. How long are you going to keep playing that game.

I seriously hope you are just being a keyboard warrior and if your daughter ever is in that situation that you would actually do none of what you've just put but help her in covering any legal costs accrued by sorting the matter out properly and legally.

I am sure many fathers would take similar steps if their daughter was being badly treated by an ex partner .

---------- Post added 12-02-2016 at 16:01 ----------

You miss the fact its his house as well and youve just burgled him/stolen his property.

You cannot legally sell the house on your own. Nobody would buy it. It will not happen in a few days..

The person claims all the expense of putting this right from the share of the proceeds. For the moment you havent achieved anything except got yourself into trouble.

That would be my solution , as I said the problem wouldn't have arisen in the first place if it was my daughter .

I am sure many fathers would take similar steps if their daughter was being badly treated by an ex partner .

That would be my solution , as I said the problem wouldn't have arisen in the first place if it was my daughter .

Doesnt work though. You'd just end up getting yourself into trouble and making things worse.

What makes you think that? I have and with very happy tenants which I didn't bother to count daily.

You know there are legal limits on the number of people per household, and sub-letting rules, rules on council tax where you can't spend more than 3 nights in a property you're not paying council tax for etc....?

I know almost everyone breaks or has broken the last one when staying with a partner or family etc, it some times can't be helped...

But there's also insurance rules etc....

I'm not disputing what a lot of fathers may or may not do, I'm simply saying that it would achieve nothing except escalate the situation. He leaves and comes back with his mates from the pub. Now what? You've illegally 'evicted' him from his house which you are now illegally trespassing on, police is going to take his side at that point.

As has been said repeatedly, only solution is to lawyer up, or kill him, which I'm fairly sure you aren't proposing.

I'm not disputing what a lot of fathers may or may not do, I'm simply saying that it would achieve nothing except escalate the situation. He leaves and comes back with his mates from the pub. Now what? You've illegally 'evicted' him from his house which you are now illegally trespassing on, police is going to take his side at that point.

As has been said repeatedly, only solution is to lawyer up, or kill him, which I'm fairly sure you aren't proposing.

Possession is 9 tenths of the law and any action would have the approval of an owner of the property . The Police rarely get involved in civil disputes . You are assuming the guy would not see reason and not be presuaded to accept a change in his circumstances . In the real world people are evicted from properties everyday for a variety of reasons without the input of solicitors.

Possession is 9 tenths of the law and any action would have the approval of an owner of the property . The Police rarely get involved in civil disputes . You are assuming the guy would not see reason and not be presuaded to accept a change in his circumstances . In the real world people are evicted from properties everyday for a variety of reasons without the input of solicitors.

Possession is not 9/10ths of the law. the law relating to Real property is completely different.

It might have the approval of one owner but it would be contrary to the wishes of the other.

The police would get involved if you had stolen all his property or to help him gain re- entry with a re-entry order. You simply have no right to evict someone from their own home.

Yes but then she'd be devaluing her house or letting squatters in which would be an even greater problem than the ex! The only solution has to be the legal forced sale and that needs to be done through a solicitor which it sounds like is being arranged already.

Anything else just sounds like revenge for the sake of it and doesn't get her nearer a solution. Can totally understand the desire to cause mischief though.

Squatters are unlikely to be able to move in whilst her ex is still living there. And he would most likely get the door replaced.

It's not a serious suggestion to be honest, but it would be possible to make his life very difficult and expensive without breaking the law.

---------- Post added 13-02-2016 at 09:45 ----------

If my daughter was in a similar situation to Isabelle's current predicament, then I would arrange for all the locks of the house to be changed after the guy leaves the property for work . All the contents of the house including any apples and oranges would be removed and placed into self storage . Then I would wait along with a couple of house sitters for the guy to return from work to give him the news he has been evicted from the house which would be up for sale within a few days . I have connections with the building trade so changing the locks and securing the property would not be a problem .

My 'presuasive techniques' would have been used to convince the guy to vacate the house four and half years ago instead of my daughter and a situation like Isabelle's would never have occurred .

My solution would be cheaper and quicker but more stressful for the guy involved .

And when he called the police about your theft and attempt to illegally evict him?

---------- Post added 13-02-2016 at 09:47 ----------

You know there are legal limits on the number of people per household, and sub-letting rules, rules on council tax where you can't spend more than 3 nights in a property you're not paying council tax for etc....?

What nonsense is this?

I'm calling poppy-****, there is no such law.

---------- Post added 13-02-2016 at 09:47 ----------

They'd get involved in you stealing his property and the breach of the peace you'd be causing.