Can you report someone Single Person Council Tax Discount fraud?

Stealing all the guys stuff is not the best suggestion.

However, my suggestion does work. Get a key cut and give it to someone who can deliberately be an awful neighbour. I'm talking rude, loud, smokes loads of fags, empty beer cans everywhere, likes to poo with the door open, goes out leaving all doors and windows open etc.

In that situation who would stay living in the house very long?

The op needs to stop being "nice". You are being a mug.

You seem like a nice lass and my intention is not to offend you but to point out that you are being taken advantage of, disrespected and laughed at. You need to get something sorted so you can continue with your life.

Some amateur legal 'experts' need to learn what the legal definition of theft is ........

And how do you explain what youve done when the police come calling?

How do you explain your actions to the estate agent, your solictor, the buyers, their solictors, the land registry ?

---------- Post added 13-02-2016 at 12:30 ----------

Stealing all the guys stuff is not the best suggestion.

However, my suggestion does work. Get a key cut and give it to someone who can deliberately be an awful neighbour. I'm talking rude, loud, smokes loads of fags, empty beer cans everywhere, likes to poo with the door open, goes out leaving all doors and windows open etc.

No it wouldnt, he'd just get the person evicted and hed use all the evidence of his behaviour or change the locks.

Edited by 999tigger

No it wouldnt, he'd just get the person evicted and hed use all the evidence of his behaviour or change the locks.

With no right to be in the house he wouldn't have to "evict" them, he'd just have to have them removed from the property, by himself or by some friends.

It's like a guest refusing to leave, you don't need a court order to kick them out.

How do you explain your actions to the estate agent, your solictor, the buyers, their solictors, the land registry ?.

Nothing to explain to anyone , other than all my actions would have been authorised by a joint owner of the property. The contents of the property would have been placed in safe self storage as I have already stated so no act of theft has been committed . You wrongly assume the owners would not have access to the contents including the apples and oranges removed from the house . The guy would now me more motivated to cooperate with the other owner to have the house sold as quickly as possible .

You are assuming the guy would not have been persuaded to play ball , just like you assume the guy would take notice of a solicitor's letter .

How do you explain your actions to the estate agent, your solictor, the buyers, their solictors, the land registry ?

---------- Post added 13-02-2016 at 12:30 ----------

Not if they had the authority of the owner of the property to be there. Even if it did happen, do the same thing again with another person.

I don't know the answer to this, it's not rhetorical, but if one of the joint owners tells someone they can stay, and the other says they can't, which takes precedence?

Logically I'd suggest that it should be the one saying they can't stay, but legally?

With no right to be in the house he wouldn't have to "evict" them, he'd just have to have them removed from the property, by himself or by some friends.

It's like a guest refusing to leave, you don't need a court order to kick them out.

Presuman;y he'd be rganted a licence from the co owner. Ofc its all fantasy. He has no more right than her.

A joint owner (not occupant) can't "authorise" you to take belongings that are not yours.

The police would arrest you for theft, you could argue to a jury that you didn't intend to keep them.

I think you presume the CPS would be in the slightest bit interested in this tat - they may be, given the dross they continue to authorise charging and on occasions press on regardless with.

They would seek to keep the case in the magistrates - you would elect trial.

Do not expect a queue of briefs for your case !