Seven day NHS, free?

Then the dr I spoke to one Wednesday night at Rotherham general lied to me. But this was a few years back.

I can vouch for it through my wife. There is always a doctor available covering every area and they are available all day and all night. There is always a doctor who can deal with problems. You might have to wait your turn if they are busy but they are there. There is backup as well from senior doctors.

In the 90s my wife's old boss (a superb surgeon) had a flat across the road from the hospital where he would entertain ladies, even when on-call. But if he got called he was across the road like a rocket to look after his patients.

It's in the private hospitals where medical coverage at night and weekends can be poor, believe it or not.

I agree with all three points, no idea why you aimed it at me though.

Because you were talking about the impact of fines. It is insignificnat compared to the general problem of not enough Drs and then having to use locums. Actions which make being a Dr less attractive, demoralises and cause a brain drain will undermine the ability of the NHS to function. That means more expensive locums.

Because you were talking about the impact of fines. It is insignificnat compared to the general problem of not enough Drs and then having to use locums. Actions which make being a Dr less attractive, demoralises and cause a brain drain will undermine the ability of the NHS to function. That means more expensive locums.

A fine would be an additional problem, fining an hospital means less money for doctors, nurses and everything else they need. Fine the mangers that made the poor decisions, but don't take money away from hospitals that are already struggling financially.

If a minority leave they will be replaced, but in the long run NHS staff should be trained for free and tied into a contracts long enough to cover the cost of training them. The RAF spend a £million training a pilot that is tied into 12 years of RAF service, the same could easily apply to the NHS.

I can vouch for it through my wife. There is always a doctor available covering every area and they are available all day and all night. There is always a doctor who can deal with problems. You might have to wait your turn if they are busy but they are there. There is backup as well from senior doctors.

In the 90s my wife's old boss (a superb surgeon) had a flat across the road from the hospital where he would entertain ladies, even when on-call. But if he got called he was across the road like a rocket to look after his patients.

It's in the private hospitals where medical coverage at night and weekends can be poor, believe it or not.[/QUOTE]

And Daven says 'Exactly so. Private hospitals often have to ring 999 for assistance in an acute situation - a little known fact which private hospitals would prefer not to be widely known'.

Edited by Daven

No, they can't, this is just another lie from Jeremey Hunt.

They are GIVEN a rota. This includes weekends.

Jeremy Hunt lies about nothing. There's been a lot of misreporting and misinterpretation of is words, but being under such media scrutiny he's not going to deliberately lie about anything regarding doctors contracts.

Jeremy Hunt lies about nothing. There's been a lot of misreporting and misinterpretation of is words, but being under such media scrutiny he's not going to deliberately lie about anything regarding doctors contracts.

Ok, here's one. Hunt wrote that he had the backing of the twenty Health Chiefs when he imposed the new contract upon the junior doctors. Unfortunately this little "half truth" has unravelled when fourteen of the twenty have now come forward to say they did not support the imposition of the contracts.

Claire Murdoch, the chief executive of the Central and North West London NHS trust has said - she had no idea she had even been associated with the letter until it was published, and had asked for her name to be removed.

More here:http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/feb/12/health-chief-letter-whatever-necessary-contracts-not-agreed

Ok, here's one. Hunt wrote that he had the backing of the twenty Health Chiefs when he imposed the new contract upon the junior doctors. Unfortunately this little "half truth" has unravelled when fourteen of the twenty have now come forward to say they did not support the imposition of the contracts.

Claire Murdoch, the chief executive of the Central and North West London NHS trust has said - she had no idea she had even been associated with the letter until it was published, and had asked for her name to be removed.

More here:http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/feb/12/health-chief-letter-whatever-necessary-contracts-not-agreed

A letter from the chief negotiator in the dispute, Sir David Dalton, calling on the government to do “whatever it deems necessary” to break the deadlock, and listing the 20 names, was cited by Hunt in announcing his decision to force through changes to pay and conditions.

Out of the 20 bosses, which include Dalton, 14 NHS chief excutives have now said they do not support imposition.

Claire Murdoch, the chief executive of the Central and North West London NHS trust, said she had no idea she had even been associated with the letter until it was published, and had asked for her name to be removed.

“I became aware that my name was on the letter at the point at which it was published,” she said in a statement. “When I contacted Sir David Dalton he had it removed immediately, which is reflective of the straightforward way he has sought to deal with a very challenging negotiation.

Citing something is different to lying.

A letter from the chief negotiator in the dispute, Sir David Dalton, calling on the government to do “whatever it deems necessary” to break the deadlock, and listing the 20 names, was cited by Hunt in announcing his decision to force through changes to pay and conditions.

Out of the 20 bosses, which include Dalton, 14 NHS chief excutives have now said they do not support imposition.

Claire Murdoch, the chief executive of the Central and North West London NHS trust, said she had no idea she had even been associated with the letter until it was published, and had asked for her name to be removed.

“I became aware that my name was on the letter at the point at which it was published,” she said in a statement. “When I contacted Sir David Dalton he had it removed immediately, which is reflective of the straightforward way he has sought to deal with a very challenging negotiation.

Citing something is different to lying.

He cited it as evidence that the bosses of the hospital trusts backed his imposition of the contracts. Unfortunately for him they do not, to the point that there is talk of them refusing to impose the contracts.

He cited it as evidence that the bosses of the hospital trusts backed his imposition of the contracts. Unfortunately for him they do not, to the point that there is talk of them refusing to impose the contracts.

Yes, that was a gaffe on his behalf; though all the names on the letter do support the current contract being offered. Hunt is basically taking their approval of the contract to another level, imposition, which is not what they signed up to. Even I agree that's silly.