Seven day NHS, free?

My GP(a GP) has been out after office hours, there are also minor injuries units nearby, then there is the 101 service that will tell people what to do.

I believe my own GPs practice operates from 7am-7pm, weekdays.

Mine doesn't offer that level of service. Late night once a week. No weekends. No surgery on Thursday afternoon. On a Thursday afternoon the recorded message when you ring up tells you to consider the walk-in centre, they don't even want to talk to their patients even though staff are in there. Crap.

Some GP surgeries are dire. Some are great. There is no consistency of service.

---------- Post added 14-02-2016 at 12:21 ----------

I totally agree. It's a shame that ended after GP contract changes in 2004 wasn't it.

Yes, I agree. Huge mistake.

Because he is choosing to impose a contract that clearly has a lot of problems. He has chosen to turn it into a battle.

He was advised by the negotiating team lead by Sir David Dalton, Chief Executive of Salford Royal that 100% agreement wasn't realistically possible even though they had agreement on 90% of it, imposing it was the only way to end the deadlock.

He was advised by the negotiating team lead by Sir David Dalton, Chief Executive of Salford Royal that 100% agreement wasn't realistically possible even though they had agreement on 90% of it, imposing it was the only way to end the deadlock.

Poor advice. No deadlock has been broken and the issues is still live.

The doctors will soon get over it and come to realise that the new contract is in fact better than the old contract for them and patients.

It doesn't seem that the new contract will be imposed. Hunt has no power to impose the contracts onto the Foundation Trusts, who have suggested that they won't be imposing the contracts.

It doesn't seem that the new contract will be imposed. Hunt has no power to impose the contracts onto the Foundation Trusts, who have suggested that they won't be imposing the contracts.

That's always been the case, foundation trusts are still accountable to parliament but have the freedom to decide locally how to meet their obligations, the contracts will still be imposed on non foundation trusts hospitals unless the government doesn't another U turn.

That's always been the case, foundation trusts are still accountable to parliament but have the freedom to decide locally how to meet their obligations, the contracts will still be imposed on non foundation trusts hospitals unless the government doesn't another U turn.

It may have always been the case that the Foundation Trusts can negotiate their own pay structures, but up to now they've always decided to go along with the national negotiations.

If the government doesn't offer a U turn, they're going to be in an awful mess with the vast majority of hospital trust ignoring their wishes.

It may have always been the case that the Foundation Trusts can negotiate their own pay structures, but up to now they've always decided to go along with the national negotiations.

If the government doesn't offer a U turn, they're going to be in an awful mess with the vast majority of hospital trust ignoring their wishes.

They can't ignore the governments wishes because they are still accountable to parliament, they will just have to find an alternative way provide routine services seven days a week.