Sheffield half marathon in april 2016

Weathers looking close to perfect for Sunday.

Sunny but cool with light winds.

<snip>

Got my sub 1.50

Thanks to all those who supported you were amazing.

A bit too warm for my liking!

Anyhow, congrats on your sub 1:50.

Completely agree, the people of Sheffield are truly fantastic! Wall to wall support pretty much all the way round, super friendly and supportive.

I was a bit slow though, have a bit of an ankle issue and not done much training to speak of. Finished 30 mins slower than last year, in 2:19.

---------- Post added 10-04-2016 at 15:25 ----------

Anyone know where to find the results?

---------- Post added 10-04-2016 at 15:31 ----------

Found em....

http://chiptiming.co.uk/results/?sport=1&year=2016&event=2586&race=4427

What a fantastic day with great support and some really great performances. A word too for Steve Bailey from Radio Sheffield who did a fantastic job commentating and tried to name as many runners as possible, he should be doing the morning show rather than the early morning show

The race is getting amazing reviews on runners world with some saying its the best they have ever attended.

Great to see and a big plus for the organisers and the people of sheffield roll on next year which will be year 12 for me!

Might do Leeds but not as keen on the course.

Yeah, the Leeds one is like a very watered down version of Sheffield HM. I`ve added my review to the RW site; looks like a good job we didn`t do the Manc mara!

Next for me is North Lincs HM which is dead flat so need to find some speed from somewhere..... And then Round Sheffield Run. OH is doing the Derwent Dambuster on Sunday next!

• 4 weeks later...