Alcohol being sold in schools

It would be wrong for the teachers to drink it, it would be setting a bad example, ditto the parents, legal, yes.

Prostitution is legal too, but I dont think the school should be letting out classrooms.

Running a brothel is not legal, so the school couldn't let out their class rooms.

I went to my daughters school play tonight. I was surprised that they no longer sold tea; but they were selling bottles of Budweiser.

I dont thing selling alcohol on school grounds is the right thing to do; I have experienced this before.

What do you think, is this the face of a 'cafe culture'?

When I used to go to the kids Christmas plays they always used to sell mulled wine afterwards to the parents.

Lots of red tape involved in selling alcohol.

"Free drinking water must be provided to customers on request."

"If your premises (your pub, bar or club, for example) sells or supplies alcohol, you must hold an age verification policy."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/alcohol-licensing

Schools have toilets, taps and often drinking fountains.

They might have a licence. I've known a few schools that have them.

It is easy enough to get a temporary licence.

Just a thought, but if schools were better funded, perhaps they wouldn't need to double up as pubs to earn a few extra quid for the library fund.

Schools have toilets, taps and often drinking fountains.

It is easy enough to get a temporary licence.

Just a thought, but if schools were better funded, perhaps they wouldn't need to double up as pubs to earn a few extra quid for the library fund.

I'm sure they'll move along the drunkards before the kids turn up.

There's a few schools that are used as wedding venues.

Surely a sign that civilisation is ending.

Maybe it's more a sign that civilisation might have a chance of beginning

Not sure it's got much to do with a cafe culture - most cafés in the UK don't sell alcohol - the more we destigmatise, demystify and reduce the sensationalist fuss about alcohol, the better