Alcohol being sold in schools

.......it's very much akin to smoking around hospital premises!If you approach the main entrance to the Hallamshire hospital the amount of people round the doorway smoking is unbelievable and a terrible health advert.

Surely this should be banned,there are even patients that look at deaths door in wheelchairs smoking.

I don't think alcohol should be sold at school plays! kids have the rest of their lives once left school to get bladdered at Uni and the like!...seeing adults boozing at a school play, somehow does not send the right message! Yes I know they see their parents drink at home,but that's their decision!

It is banned, but not enforced. There's even a smoking shelter a few meters along that doesn't get anywhere near the same amount of use as the entrance doors.

.......it's very much akin to smoking around hospital premises!If you approach the main entrance to the Hallamshire hospital the amount of people round the doorway smoking is unbelievable and a terrible health advert.

Surely this should be banned,there are even patients that look at deaths door in wheelchairs smoking.

I don't think alcohol should be sold at school plays! kids have the rest of their lives once left school to get bladdered at Uni and the like!...seeing adults boozing at a school play, somehow does not send the right message! Yes I know they see their parents drink at home,but that's their decision!

To be fair to hospitals it IS banned, but patients and visitors blatantly ignore the signs. On my recent hospital stay I was tempted to start a photo blog of people smoking next to No Smoking signs to help pass the time...

Did you complain about it El Cid?

Yes, I sent them an email asking for their age verification policy, would they sell to an 18 year old pupil, with ID, would they only sell to over 21s as some outlets do.

Thinking about this, the Government web site says free water should be available, if they encouraged that, with free labeled bottled water, I would not be quite so against selling alcohol.

Yes, I sent them an email asking for their age verification policy, would they sell to an 18 year old pupil, with ID, would they only sell to over 21s as some outlets do.

Thinking about this, the Government web site says free water should be available, if they encouraged that, with free labeled bottled water, I would not be quite so against selling alcohol.

Why would they give bottled water away? It's no better than tap water anyway..

Some schools ban canned sugary drinks, on that level, I dont believe a school is the right place.

If was an after school social event where the parents could have a beer... they aren't selling cans of Special Brew to kids during maths.