Warnock is Millers new manager

Chazndave

I agree I well remember Wimbledons style of play and it was nothing like anybody plays these days.

I never said it was..........I said it was brought up to date and refined..........

http://www.the42.ie/analysis-leicester-still-top-of-the-premier-league-2585747-Feb2016/

Leicester have a far more direct style compared with Liverpool and most other Premier League teams. Their strategy is simple — get the ball into the opposition’s final third as quickly as possible and try to keep it there.

There are plenty of parallels between Leicester and Jack Charlton’s Ireland side — a team also renowned at their best for high pressing, intensity and the occasional touch of class. With the ball, many of Leicester’s players are somewhat limited. However, without the ball, there is no team currently better at pressing and harrying opponents into making mistakes.

So essentially, coupled with intermittent bits of magic from star players Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez, their game relies largely on the opposition making mistakes.

Chalga would you take Warnock back for the remainder of the season or are ya confident of Adkins doing the job?

As for the 'refined' style of play it isn't anything like route 1, not even close, fast hitting them on the break or get it clear and then play football in their half isn't the same as lumping it into the big front man and hope for the best.

Chalga would you take Warnock back for the remainder of the season or are ya confident of Adkins doing the job?

As for the 'refined' style of play it isn't anything like route 1, not even close, fast hitting them on the break or get it clear and then play football in their half isn't the same as lumping it into the big front man and hope for the best.

I'm not saying it is route 1,or long ball,Vertonghen is saying that,but what would he know about football?

I'm saying that it is direct football,a refined and updated version of what Warnock plays and what Bassett used to play........and you've already had the comparison to Jack Charlton,and Republic Of Ireland..........so whatever style he was playing,that's comparable to Leicester now......it's not only me what's saying it.

I'm not saying it is route 1,or long ball,Vertonghen is saying that,but what would he know about football?

I'm saying that it is direct football,a refined and updated version of what Warnock plays and what Bassett used to play........and you've already had the comparison to Jack Charlton,and Republic Of Ireland..........so whatever style he was playing,that's comparable to Leicester now......it's not only me what's saying it.

Who else has said it apart from Vertonghen (and you)?

Who else has said it apart from Vertonghen (and you)?

The analysis of their game I posted a link to in post 21..........Or try this where you get 2 teams I mentioned playing each other:

http://outside90.com/494epl-tactical-analysis-leicester-city-2-watford-132/

Both teams intent on playing the long ball.

Much of the build-up play involved both teams playing long and direct, hoping to feed their strikers at the earliest chance. The long ball, however, was generally executed poorly, contributing to the limited chances both Ighalo and Vardy were given.

Leicester completed 70% of their passes compared to Watford’s 75%, but when looking at the passes attempted, many were failed long balls.

Of note, many long attempts were often straight as opposed to diagonal balls, a sign of the teams both being bereft of ideas when going forward.

Edited by chalga

The analysis of their game I posted a link to in post 21..........Or try this where you get 2 teams I mentioned playing each other:

http://outside90.com/494epl-tactical-analysis-leicester-city-2-watford-132/

Both teams intent on playing the long ball.

Much of the build-up play involved both teams playing long and direct, hoping to feed their strikers at the earliest chance. The long ball, however, was generally executed poorly, contributing to the limited chances both Ighalo and Vardy were given.

Leicester completed 70% of their passes compared to Watford’s 75%, but when looking at the passes attempted, many were failed long balls.

Of note, many long attempts were often straight as opposed to diagonal balls, a sign of the teams both being bereft of ideas when going forward.

It's all about perception though, I personally don't see Leicester as a long ball team (In the same ilk as Wimbledon, United, Wednesday in latter years) they are however a very good counter attacking team that press.