Dog friendly pubs & cafes in Sheffield.

Blackhawk

Guest makapaka
That's ok. Just don't go to the pub. Problem solved

Just stop dogs being allowed in other than guide dogs - same as everywhere else.

dog owners wrongly assume that everybody likes dogs but they are wrong with that assumption, my wife is scared of dogs jumping up at her and the times we've heard " he's ok he won't hurt you" sorry I do not want to be near dogs in the pub.

Sorry but please don't tar all us dog owners with the same brush, I do not assume that everybody likes my boy and take great care to ensure that he is neither a nuisance nor causes anybody (adult or child) any fear (He's a big boy)

It does annoy me too the number of people who explain away their dogs bad behavior by saying it's okay he won't hurt you, gets us dog owners a bad name.

Edited by GreyhoundMum

Guest sibon
Just stop dogs being allowed in other than guide dogs - same as everywhere else.

Or stop whiny people instead.

Dogs are fine in pubs. Always have been, always will be.

You could always drink in Weatherspoons

Our dog goes to the pub with me most days.

He has never used bad language , never been loud and aggressive, never fallen over while drunk , never got into fight or shouted like football hooligans do. in fact he is the perfect companion .

Dogs in pubs are fine. Children are another matter.

Haha! Totally agree. We take our dogs to the pub at least once or twice a month. AND we take them into town too. There are lots of great pubs that welcome dogs. AND when we recently went to the Old Workshop without our dogs, the bar manager recognised us from the last place he worked at and asked why we hadn't brought them with us this time!

Anyway... here is an old post I wrote, including links to a few dog-friendly pubs.

Have fun!

https://feastandglory.wordpress.com/2016/06/14/pub-crawls-with-jezza/

Guest makapaka

Why do people take their dogs to the pub though?

I could see it if you were out on a dog walk and sat outside the pub on way back or something, but why do people just take their dog with them to the local?

It makes no sense to me.

Dogs in pubs are fine. Children are another matter.

:thumbsup:

---------- Post added 23-07-2017 at 19:56 ----------

Our dog goes to the pub with me most days.

He has never used bad language , never been loud and aggressive, never fallen over while drunk , never got into fight or shouted like football hooligans do. in fact he is the perfect companion .

I bet he's never run around screaming his head off or getting under the feet whilst people are carrying drinks or food either ;)

Guest makapaka
:thumbsup:

---------- Post added 23-07-2017 at 19:56 ----------

I bet he's never run around screaming his head off or getting under the feet whilst people are carrying drinks or food either ;)

Children are human beings. You were one once.