The Fox House Public House

JBFox

I work in food, 95% of all the restaurants you go to will use Brakes/Bidvest, for all their basic stuff at least. Your chain places will be 95% brakes etc and then a mix of central butcher and a fruit and veg supplier.

Even places like Pattiserie Valerie have a central bakery, almost nothing there is baked on site.

I have eaten at the broadfield and its some of the best pub grub i have had in sheffield- if thats the standard the fox house is aiming for then count me in!!

I've eaten at the Broadfield and its sister pub the British Oak many times. It is good pub grub. I think that Fox House tries to market itself as something rather more upmarket than the Broadfield, but only succeeds in providing pub grub at restaurant prices.

Probably because there isn't a bus stop at The Grouse.

I've never been to The Grouse or even heard of it other than on this forum. The website is rather dated and it doesn't look like it has the same stylish image that The Fox House perceives.

I've never been to The Grouse or even heard of it other than on this forum. The website is rather dated and it doesn't look like it has the same stylish image that The Fox House perceives.

But it does offer proper chef prepared food. I'm trying to think of a reason why anyone from Sheffield would travel by bus out into Derbyshire to Fox House in order to buy the same mass produced rubbish and drink the same bland mass produced ale that you can get in any fast food outlet in Sheffield.

I can however see how someone working for the company might want to make out that it was something other than a standard chain pub in order to drum up a bit of trade in the off season. I'm sure a chain will come up with a flashy website, to gloss over the mediocrity.

Edited by foxy lady

But it does offer proper chef prepared food. I'm trying to think of a reason why anyone from Sheffield would travel out into Derbyshire to buy the same mass produced rubbish and drink the same bland mass produced ale that you can get in any fast food outlet in Sheffield.

I can however see how someone working for the company might want to make out that it was something other than a standard chain pub in order to drum up a bit of trade in the off season.

I love Derbyshire. I go there all the time exploring and walking and such. People don't just stay in one place. Derbyshire has many natural beauty spots and this area in question is part of The Peak District National Park, which attracts thousands of visitors each year.