The Fox House Public House

JBFox

Guest makapaka
I think its a great place. Well worth trying.

There's nowt much wrong with it.

The op was trolling and people have over compensated in response and panned a place that while not the best is neither the worst.

If you visit the reviews on Trip Advisor Bruce, you find people have given it reviews such as "lovely atmosphere and food" and "enjoyable evening". It is not only me that enjoys the finer tastes in life.

Not sure I'd suggest Tripadvisor reviews as a guide to anything to be honest. Too many reviews one way or the other by people with an agenda.

To illustrate, I went on a day out to Liverpool a few months ago and the pub I found the best and friendliest has the most horrible reviews on imaginable on Tripadvisor. And the place with the dreadful customer service has loads of good reviews on there.

The op was trolling and people have over compensated in response and panned a place that while not the best is neither the worst.

I would suggest it is the worst if your looking at value for money and I'd rather eat at a place where the food has had a bit of care and attention put into rather than be decided in a boardroom and shipped in. You are correct that the OP was trolling and I assume he's had his 5mins of amusement out of it :loopy::help:

I would suggest it is the worst if your looking at value for money and I'd rather eat at a place where the food has had a bit of care and attention put into rather than be decided in a boardroom and shipped in. You are correct that the OP was trolling and I assume he's had his 5mins of amusement out of it :loopy::help:

Shut up. I am the one posting a nice review and the people on here posting negative comments are obviously posting for a reaction. You sir, are the troll. Now go and eat your pie and have a sit down, all of this typing must have worn you out... I bet you have worked up a real sweat.

---------- Post added 15-02-2016 at 12:46 ----------

The fact that you use the word nowt suggests that your opinion isn't worth noting.. I would only listen to being called a troll if someone with a higher vocabulary than that accused me of it.

Guest makapaka

I'd also rather eat elsewhere generally and agree that shipping the food in isn't the best.

It's not the worst place on earth though.

Why would anyone want to eat at Fox House when The Grouse is just a mile and a half away offering home cooked food that isn't straight out of the freezer.

Agreed, good food and good ale at the Grouse...the only downside is that it doesn't serve food all day, and isn't open all day midweek.

Agreed, good food and good ale at the Grouse...the only downside is that it doesn't serve food all day, and isn't open all day midweek.

and thats probably why some people prefer to go to the Fox house as they know it will be open and serve food from 10 til 10.