The Fox House Public House

JBFox

I'd rather go to the Grouse when its closed. :hihi:

whereas i would rather not sit at home i would rather enjoy others company:hihi: i agree as i said before its not Michelin star gastro but its not that bad either, i will reserve judgement until i try the Grouse.

---------- Post added 15-02-2016 at 17:22 ----------

Or just carry on home and pick up a microwave meal from Tesco. Same difference!

really?? i wouldnt give 20p for tesco ready meals they have declined significantly in last 3 years

I've not heard of this Grouse place, I will have to visit their website. I really am mythed at people's problems with The Fox House though...it is nicely decorated and the food is great. If it is microwaved, it would be disappointing and it would also be a shame if they got their food from Brakes as they used to supply school dinners for my school! It definitely tastes like good quality though. I do prefer modern country pubs as opposed to the older style country pubs although I can sometimes be found drinking a cider in The George at Castleton!

I've not heard of this Grouse place, I will have to visit their website. I really am mythed at people's problems with The Fox House though...it is nicely decorated and the food is great. If it is microwaved, it would be disappointing and it would also be a shame if they got their food from Brakes as they used to supply school dinners for my school! It definitely tastes like good quality though. I do prefer modern country pubs as opposed to the older style country pubs although I can sometimes be found drinking a cider in The George at Castleton!

Of course they get their food from Brakes, like the thousands of other pubs and restaurants in Britain that have 'deskilled the kitchen'. Their phrase, not mine.

You can be even more sure since The Fox is a Mitchell & Butler pub, marketed under their Vintage Inns brand. The link I posted earlier documented the agreement between Mitchell & Butler and Brakes.

http://www.brakesgroup.com/_assets/mab%20brakes%20pr%20release.pdf

Mitchells & Butlers and Brakes Group announce strategic

partnership

Following an in depth supply chain review, Mitchells & Butlers today announces a seven year partnership with Brakes Group worth over £200m, delivering significant savings for the Company across the duration of the contract. The arrangement will deliver a single multi-temperature service for all food and consumables products to Mitchells & Butlers’ 1600 restaurants and pubs.

Oh dear....it doesn't sound as up-market now...I still would not have guessed from my experience. I overheard the waiter telling another table how they had this special meat in that was fed a special diet...it sounded like they sourced their food direct from farms..

Oh dear....it doesn't sound as up-market now...I still would not have guessed from my experience. I overheard the waiter telling another table how they had this special meat in that was fed a special diet...it sounded like they sourced their food direct from farms..

Sounds like Kobe or Wagyu, lots of places serve it now......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_beef

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagyu

Sounds like Kobe or Wagyu, lots of places serve it now......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_beef

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagyu

It could have been...I know the pie I had was frozen but that was because I wanted a vegetarian pie and the only ones they had left were left over from when they had pie week. Everything else seemed fresh though.

Shut up. I am the one posting a nice review and the people on here posting negative comments are obviously posting for a reaction. You sir, are the troll. Now go and eat your pie and have a sit down, all of this typing must have worn you out... I bet you have worked up a real sweat.

---------- Post added 15-02-2016 at 12:46 ----------

The fact that you use the word nowt suggests that your opinion isn't worth noting.. I would only listen to being called a troll if someone with a higher vocabulary than that accused me of it.

Now, I tend to stay out of the snide and bitchy comments, but that was downright condescending, rude and verging on nasty. Remind me to get you a handbag!!

If you don't want people to accuse you of troll like behaviour, don't act like one. People are entitled to express their opinions; (yourself included) whether it's filled with local colloquialisms, or the epitome of the queen's english.

I haven't been in the Fox House for a good while, as it was very unwelcoming and overpriced last time I did. Hearing it's a Mitchell and Butler pub doesn't endear me any more to going back either.

I'd much rather go down the hill and support one of the local establishments who make hearty fresh food which is a reasonable price, of which there are several.