The Fox House Public House

JBFox

It could have been...I know the pie I had was frozen but that was because I wanted a vegetarian pie and the only ones they had left were left over from when they had pie week. Everything else seemed fresh though.

British Pie Week is an annual event which takes place during the first full week of March. Now you either got a vegetarian pie already bought in for use in 3 weeks time or one that was, as you say above "left over", nearly a year old.

Hardly a ringing endorsement for freshly cooked food.

British Pie Week is an annual event which takes place during the first full week of March. Now you either got a vegetarian pie already bought in for use in 3 weeks time or one that was, as you say above "left over", nearly a year old.

Hardly a ringing endorsement for freshly cooked food.

I was told it was about a week old. I asked if it was frozen and the waitress said she didn't know. The pie STILL tasted very fresh...certainly fresher than say a frozen pie from Waitrose.

EDIT: I've just remembered now. It wasn't the pie she said she didn't know if it was frozen, it was a burger that she didn't know if it was frozen. The vegetarian burger had something on it I didn't like and I asked if I could have it without and she said it was already made with that ingredient. So I said is it frozen, she said she didn't know about that, so I assume they are made FRESH just in a big batch.

Edited by JBFox

In post #3 you said you knew the pastry was fresh.

It's just another wind up thread of his. Look at his recent posting history.

---------- Post added 17-02-2016 at 10:48 ----------

I was told it was about a week old. I asked if it was frozen and the waitress said she didn't know. The pie STILL tasted very fresh...certainly fresher than say a frozen pie from Waitrose.

EDIT: I've just remembered now. It wasn't the pie she said she didn't know if it was frozen, it was a burger that she didn't know if it was frozen. The vegetarian burger had something on it I didn't like and I asked if I could have it without and she said it was already made with that ingredient. So I said is it frozen, she said she didn't know about that, so I assume they are made FRESH just in a big batch.

Yeah, yeah whatever.

I've just remembered now. It wasn't the pie she said she didn't know if it was frozen, it was a burger that she didn't know if it was frozen. The vegetarian burger had something on it I didn't like and I asked if I could have it without and she said it was already made with that ingredient. So I said is it frozen, she said she didn't know about that, so I assume they are made FRESH just in a big batch.

Why ever would they make things fresh when they can buy in ready made frozen burgers? It doesn't make sense.