The Fox House Public House

JBFox

Why ever would they make things fresh when they can buy in ready made frozen burgers? It doesn't make sense.

The taste is SOO much better when it's been made fresh. I think if it has been frozen, it has a cardboard like taste.

It's all Brakes food, as supplied to the 1600 other Mitchell & Butler pubs, plus many other pub and restaurant chains:

http://www.brakesgroup.com/_assets/mab%20brakes%20pr%20release.pdf

You will find the Fox House menu here -

http://www.brake.co.uk/

http://www.irwinmitchell.com/newsandmedia/2014/november/mitchell-and-butlers-guilty-of-food-hygiene-failings-jq-871742

Mitchells And Butlers Guilty Of Food Hygiene Failings

Woman Died And Other Diners Ill Following Problems On Christmas Day

I think the place has an eclectic mix of modern and country style furnishings. There's also some rich, distinguished paintwork. It is hardly the 'one size fits all' Wetherspoon type of place, which you may be more accustomed to.

The food is certainly not microwaved, I can tell if the pastry is fresh or frozen and it was definitely fresh. There is also no riff raff as well, like so many other public houses attract. There's one near me called The Crosspool Tavern and the cheap offers attract all manner of riff raff from far and wide!

I do not work for The Fox House, nor do I know/associate with the owners.

So, now we've established both the Fox House and the Crosspool Tavern are Brakes food...

...and it "only" took 4 pages for this to sink in...

Edited by Bruce_Shark

So, now we've established both the Fox House and the Crosspool Tavern are Brakes food...

...and it "only" took 4 pages for this to sink in...

i think you will find a good percentage of food operations use Brakes to a greater or lesser extent and that includes The Broadfield and associated venues, drove past this morning and Brakes were delivering there.

essentially there is nothing wrong with centrally prepared food its more the case of how its reconstituted and served, we used to use them for various items that we added to our own garnish etc which can produce a reasonable product to a price point. unfortunately chains tend to operate without skilled or properly trained "chefs" i use the term loosely and thats where the problem comes in.

i think you will find a good percentage of food operations use Brakes to a greater or lesser extent and that includes The Broadfield and associated venues, drove past this morning and Brakes were delivering there.

essentially there is nothing wrong with centrally prepared food its more the case of how its reconstituted and served, we used to use them for various items that we added to our own garnish etc which can produce a reasonable product to a price point. unfortunately chains tend to operate without skilled or properly trained "chefs" i use the term loosely and thats where the problem comes in.

Golly, I have eaten at the Broadfield as well. I must have a thing for Brakes food without even knowing it! I don't think all the food at the Broadfield is Brakes, their giant custard tart is not the sort of thing Brakes do and it tasted very much home made. Out of interest, does anyone know where Christians @ The Beauchief source their food from please?