Dan Walker complains about "persecution for being a Christian"

It isnt. I cant see why the viewing figures would move in any way based on his religious convictions?

Because by highlighting the fact I would have thought more will tune in and watch. I have never heard of him but as I dont watch TV its not surprising, but as some here have put it they will wait and see how he performs.

---------- Post added 13-02-2016 at 14:23 ----------

If it is then they may lose viewers because a lot of people wouldn't trust anything serious from the mouth of an adult who actually believed the world was flat.

From reading up I dont think he claims that the world was flat as if you believe Genesis the the world is an orb.

Edited by apelike

I don't really listen to the radio that often, so I am not familiar with the content of a breakfast show. Does it include the news and is the news read by the host?

If it is then they may lose viewers because a lot of people wouldn't trust anything serious from the mouth of an adult who actually believed the world was flat. It's as stupid as believe the Sahara desert is made of water.

Lots of people watch the breakfast telly thing on itv and that has piers Morgan on it. He's a proven liar.

That's not the same as not being able to have beliefs. If someone has a view of reality so far away from what the overwhelming evidence proves, people are bound to question.

He works on a sports programme - he'll fit in with the people who think they're Gods and the people who worship them.

Cant say its much of a real story as it seems like a good bit of free publicity for him and BBC Breakfast that all. Now lets see if the veiewing figures rise because of this.

Exactly ! Does he really need to mention this ? I do prefer the BBC breakfast programme to the ITV one though.

I'd be interested in how he reports on the news of the confirmation of the existence of gravity waves given that they emanate from several hundred billion years ago.

Could you clarify that, please?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

Modern measurements place this moment at approximately 13.8 billion years ago, which is thus considered the age of the universe.