Rowley's Restaurant Baslow

towl

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone had been to this place yet, I am going this Saturday night with my better half, and was looking for peoples feedback, on the food etc.

Personally I imagine the place to be good, as its the same people who own fischers, but a bit of 1st hand reviewing from someone who knows would be good.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just thought I would let you all know that this place was really good.

Its in an old pub (sorry do not know which one) and has been turned into a restaurant.

Was one of the best meals out I have had in a long time, and beats some of the other places like blue room and west 10 hands down.

Completly different food to fischers and old vicarage, and atmosphere, so won't compare it to them, as they are aiming at the top end of fine dining.

This is certainly one of the better restaurants in the Sheffield area. Give it a try if you are in the area, or fancy the drive out.

Oh and before anyone accuses me of working there, check out my other posts, and they will see I don't live in Sheffield and only come back to watch football and eat out with folks and old friends.

• 4 years later...

Thanks for this .. am wondering where my OH and I can go to celebrate our Silver Wedding next Tuesday ... don't want to pay the Fischers' prices as my OH is an excellent chef, but would like to go OUT OUT and eat, if you know what I mean.

If we go, will add to your review.

Fischers and Rowlies are owned by the same people i believe, I have been to both several times, I would be suprised if you are dissaponted.

Thanks for this .. am wondering where my OH and I can go to celebrate our Silver Wedding next Tuesday ... don't want to pay the Fischers' prices as my OH is an excellent chef, but would like to go OUT OUT and eat, if you know what I mean.

If we go, will add to your review.

Fischers and Rowlies are owned by the same people i believe, I have been to both several times, I would be suprised if you are dissaponted.

Fischer's is owned by Max and Susan Fischer, and Rupert Rowley is the Head Chef.

Rowley's is a co-venture by Max/Susan and Rupert, but Rupert is not the Head Chef. The Head Chef is a bloke called Thomas

Archived