Whatever happened to the Alf Van?

I remember this as a child in the early 90's. The Alf van used to come around near my grans on Fox Hill and sell most groceries. The funny thing is it used to lean very scarily to one side and I often wondered how it passed it's MOT as it was about 30 years old. It was blue and white, can anyone else remember it? It's main rivals were the Fletchers vans that used to come around.

Thanks

I remember this as a child in the early 90's. The Alf van used to come around near my grans on Fox Hill and sell most groceries. The funny thing is it used to lean very scarily to one side and I often wondered how it passed it's MOT as it was about 30 years old. It was blue and white, can anyone else remember it? It's main rivals were the Fletchers vans that used to come around.

Thanks

I knew Alf from being a child in the mid-sixties and if I remember correctly the business was originally his Father's, also named Alf.

I worked it for a couple of weeks till my mother found out.She made me stop because I was out late.I used to live on Edgewell Place.

Tell the truth R .Tha got caught eitin all the spice.

Come to think of it tha short changed me a few times.:hihi::thumbsup:

Archived