Best 11 for Euro's

MAC33

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/16/england-euro-2016-squad-marcus-rashford-jack-wilshere-andros-townsend-jordan-henderson#comment-74343388

Euro squad announced,with 3 to cut later.

IMO,it will be fine against the smaller teams but the bigger ones will more than likely have no problems against it.

I don't rate the 3 centre halfs at all,and the full backs are ok going forward,but not the best defenders.

Still think Dier is overrated whether as a defender or holding midfielder.Relying on 3 Liverpool players for creativity when they have been in and out all season,Barkley has been awful and Rooney has missed a good chunk of the season,so that leaves a great deal resting on the shoulders of Ali,a very inexperienced player at this level.

Up front we have no problems,providing we can make chances,but I would have taken Defoe instead of Rashford.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/16/england-euro-2016-squad-marcus-rashford-jack-wilshere-andros-townsend-jordan-henderson#comment-74343388

Euro squad announced,with 3 to cut later.

IMO,it will be fine against the smaller teams but the bigger ones will more than likely have no problems against it.

I don't rate the 3 centre halfs at all,and the full backs are ok going forward,but not the best defenders.

Still think Dier is overrated whether as a defender or holding midfielder.Relying on 3 Liverpool players for creativity when they have been in and out all season,Barkley has been awful and Rooney has missed a good chunk of the season,so that leaves a great deal resting on the shoulders of Ali,a very inexperienced player at this level.

Up front we have no problems,providing we can make chances,but I would have taken Defoe instead of Rashford.

If Rashford had played for Stoke or West Brom would he have taken him?I'd have taken Defoe too or even Deaney.

I think it was Chris Waddle the other day who had got Deeney in his squad.Be it Rashford,Defoe or Deeney,they are only going to get on if there are injuries,if we need a goal in the last 20 minutes,or we are 4 up with 20 minutes to go.I think he has gone for Rashford because he is the future,and give him some big game atmosphere.

I like Rashford and I think he is learning pretty quickly,he is starting to link play up from midfield to his other forwards,as well as being a finisher.

From the limited time i watch the EPL on YouTube i would say Cresswell of WHU is the most unlucky player not to be selected for the 26 man squad.

Not sure Wayne Rooney has the stamina anymore to play at this level - especially in a deeper role.

Not sure he even deserves to be in the 26 man squad. His first touch seems to have disappeared with age more than anything.

England will look a much fresher team without him - that's for sure.

Add Rashford to the first 11- and the team has that genuine look of flair about it.

I'd play Vardy and Sturridge on the flanks with Kane and Rashford up front.

Not going to happen but I'm sure the fans would love to see it.

Not a bad squad but light on decent centre halves. With that in mind my first 11 is as follows.

GK - Harr

Lb - Bertrand

CB - Cahill

CB - smalling

Rb - Clyne

M - dier

M - drinkwater

M - Ali

M - Rooney

M - Townsend

F - Kane

Main worry is the two centre halves and the number of bookings our midfielders could pick up. Could swap vardy for Kane if the opposition back 4 isn't too quick. As far as I can work out each of those players has played in their respective positions in that formation.

Round pegs, round holes.

Changed cos I'm fickle :)

Edited by tinfoilhat

• 2 weeks later...

Have a strong feeling this is the team that will be selected for the first game at the Euro Championships.

Harte,Clyne,Rose,Cahill,Smalling- defence

Dier,Ali,Rooney - central midfield.

Henderson on the right with Vardy on the left.

Kane up front.

After watching the F.A Cup - Rashford has to be on the plane.

He created two clear goalscoring opportunities and along with Martial was the best player on the park before Cabaye maliciously stomped on him.

Jesse Lingard impressed me with his skill when he came on. I'd have taken him for sure.

Have a strong feeling this is the team that will be selected for the first game at the Euro Championships.

Harte,Clyne,Rose,Cahill,Smalling- defence

Dier,Ali,Rooney - central midfield.

Henderson on the right with Vardy on the left.

Kane up front.

After watching the F.A Cup - Rashford has to be on the plane.

He created two clear goalscoring opportunities and along with Martial was the best player on the park before Cabaye maliciously stomped on him.

Jesse Lingard impressed me with his skill when he came on. I'd have taken him for sure.

Would have taken Lingard before the waste of space Sterling.

Agreed. Im swapping him for rooney in my first 11. Rooney did have a good game in the cup final.

From the day he left Liverpool he's been overated,overpaid,overpriced and over at Man City,never rated at all.